Taking Alcohol Onboard

Notebook64

We abided by this rule until we found ourselves in St Martin last November, talking to a young couple who said they had taken a total of 7 litres of spirits on board at various ports on the cruise.

'So you'll be picking them up at the end of the cruise' I said.

Nope, they are in our cabin and are being consumed, was the reply.

Unconvinced, we tried ourselves to get alcohol on board at the next port and it wasn’t an issue. We became repeat offenders but our bags were not checked once.

That was on Arcadia, we did the same on Azura in April without issue.

Mum's the word though... 😄

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

We abided by this rule until we found ourselves in St Martin last November, talking to a young couple who said they had taken a total of 7 litres of spirits on board at various ports on the cruise.

'So you'll be picking them up at the end of the cruise' I said.

Nope, they are in our cabin and are being consumed, was the reply.

Unconvinced, we tried ourselves to get alcohol on board at the next port and it wasn’t an issue. We became repeat offenders but our bags were not checked once.

That was on Arcadia, we did the same on Azura in April without issue.

Mum's the word though... 😄

Since Covid this has been the norm.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, just jumping on this topic. I am aware that one can take a lite of spirit's and some soft drink on board P & O.

Stupid question but.......im planning on a bottle of vodka and 6 small cans of tonic - question is can you carry these on board in a bag or do you have to pack in your case ?

🙂

25 minutes ago, seahorse001 said:

hi, just jumping on this topic. I am aware that one can take a lite of spirit's and some soft drink on board P & O.

Stupid question but.......im planning on a bottle of vodka and 6 small cans of tonic - question is can you carry these on board in a bag or do you have to pack in your case ?

🙂

Either. But probably safer to carry the bottle yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seahorse001 said:

🙂

Dont forget that you can top up your soft drinks at any port of call, and if you are daring you could top up the spirits as well.

• Like 2