Stateroom change--What do we do about luggage tags?

esbclb

Hello! We originally booked a specific stateroom and we received all of our docs and stateroom luggage tags with the number of the original stateroom. Now we've switched to a "guarantee" stateroom--what do we need to do about our luggage tags? I called RCCL and they said we would get new tags at the pier, but I am confused about this. We have only previously sailed Princess from FLL where you immediately turn over your luggage to the porters upon arrival at the pier (there would be no chance to get new tags). I really don't want the luggage to go to the wrong place! Any suggestions???

Do you have the new cabin number? if so you can write the new cabin number on the tags you get at the pier, so bring a pen or a marker. Also I would make a note of the old cabin number. Once we were upgraded at the last minute and we had to go to our old cabin to find our bags sitting outside the door.

When you arrive at the pier, ask the porter for luggage tags. They will be happy to provide whatever number you need. Write your new cabin number on the tags and attach them to your luggage. Problem solved.

Oh Boy did I GOOF!!! Part of the gift to my son and daughterinlaw was a cruise. When the prices went down I upgraded them to a js. Too late to re-issue docs so rccl just sent an e'mail to ta to add to docs. Not until I read this posting did I realize they needed to change room #'s on tags. Duh not even the TA realized. Well too late now they left Sunday on their honeymoon. Hope they got their luggage by now. BAD ME.

We changed cabins about two weeks ago, because we also did the Stateroom Guarantee thing, and were not happy with what we got. C&A was nice enough to move us elsewhere. They had put us at the very first cabin on the right front side of the ship, and I get VERY sea sick. I didn't want to spend my whole cruise sick as a dog. Anyways, we just got our documents in the mail on Saturday & they still have the old cabin # on them. I called to see if they could just send me new luggage tags & I was told just to cross out the old cabin # & write the new one on there. I was also told it would cost me $35 to resend. I'm a little worried our luggage won't make it to the correct cabin. It's happened to me once before, and they didn't find it until early evening. Thank god they found it, but boy was I panicking! I will write my cabin # on my luggage with a Sharpie if I have to!!

The porters will have blank luggage tags, and you can fill them out with your new cabin # on, and give them your luggage w/the correct cabin# on. Last may, we were issued e-docs, and there were no luggage tags. We were told to get them from the porters at the dock.

You shouldn't have any problems doing it this way.

Archived