Future Cruise Credit question

My husband and I were on the Nieuw Amsterdam 14 night May 7th - 21st cruise. The 2nd week of the cruise my husband had Norovirus and was confined to our cabin from Tuesday until Friday.  We reported it to medical and they checked on him twice a day (the first 2 days being the worst for him). On Saturday 20th the nurse said he could leave the cabin. He felt well enough to leave the cabin for a walk around the promenade deck (we did this in the morning and evening).  On Saturday evening we received a letter from the ship saying that because he had been "isolated" they would provide him "FCC worth 100% of the per day cruise fare the for day(s)" he was isolated

How long does it take Holland America to credit his account with this amount? I have been checking his profile where it says the credit will appear.  Just wondering how long it might take.

Thank you

You may have to call your TA to help and let HAL know you want to book another cruise for it to show. We were with another couple last summer and 1 party in each cabin tested positive. For the FCC the other couple booked their future cruise onboard and got HAL to push the FCC to their account. We did not book a new one and never heard a peep. In the Fall while on another cruise we asked the Neptune concierge why our FCC doesn't show. She called HAL and it got posted. It's a random process (imagine that). The benefit was our expiration was later due to having posted to our account later. If you don't have a TA, you'll need to call HAL. 

There are threads on here with people discussing that very topic. If you read them, you may want to remember some are talking about getting reimbursement for expenses,  which may/may not apply to you.

I have not had it happen, but someone in our group (diff cabin) did on Nieuw Amsterdam in Feb. Their OBC was posted before they left the ship. Someone else I know that it happened to had not received the credit after a month and called in. They had the OBC within days after the call.

I hope you get it worked out soon.

11 hours ago, cruisingdreamer said:

My husband and I were on the Nieuw Amsterdam 14 night May 7th - 21st cruise. The 2nd week of the cruise my husband had Norovirus and was confined to our cabin from Tuesday until Friday.  We reported it to medical and they checked on him twice a day (the first 2 days being the worst for him). On Saturday 20th the nurse said he could leave the cabin. He felt well enough to leave the cabin for a walk around the promenade deck (we did this in the morning and evening).  On Saturday evening we received a letter from the ship saying that because he had been "isolated" they would provide him "FCC worth 100% of the per day cruise fare the for day(s)" he was isolated

How long does it take Holland America to credit his account with this amount? I have been checking his profile where it says the credit will appear.  Just wondering how long it might take.

Thank you

We just went through this with our Transatlantic on Nieuw Statendam.  Hubby was isolated for 4 days due to COVID.  We received an email confirming the FCC about 10 days after the cruise.  They may not always be so fast, but I called a few times so was a squeaky wheel.  Within moments after getting the email confirming the FCC, it was online in my Mariner account.  It was then automatically applied to the booking we have for next year's TA.

• Like 1