Wi-fi on Breakaway Transatlantic

Hello all! Sorry if this has already been asked, but I need an advice. I am looking at booking the Breakaway Transatlantic to New York from italy on Nov 2023 (16 nights). I am having quite. afew doubts about wi-fi plans. Basically i see that an unlimited plan (no streaming) has the quite impressive cost of 25USD per day. is that correct, considering the length of the journey? Also, any other options available? How much would be the difference to upgrade from the included minutes in the "free@sea" promotion to the unlimited surf package?

Thank you!

If you need or want to stay connected the unlimited plan is nice but pricey.  Buy it in advance it usually not cheaper on board.  Years ago I would use the bucket of minutes and attempt to log in and peek at my mail a few times a day, assuming you remember to (and can) properly log off.  The Internet Manager aboard can credit you back once only for mistakes.  You can use your smart phone and various $10 a day plans such as AT&T has in ports.  The NCL Shareholder Onboard Credit is $250 on a longer cruise of 16 nights.  I found it tricky to use that credit for an advance Internet purchase.  There are persistent rumors out here on CC the ship maritime satellite systems stop working in the middle of the Atlantic- they do not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I have a friend currently on The Getaway out in the middle of the Atlantic and he does not have Wi-Fi service.

https://globalcomsatphone.com/support9/

Where is the ship exactly?  I have not personally had a problem in three recent crossings.  The satellite coverage maps do not show a gap.  

51 minutes ago, AtSeaAlways said:

https://globalcomsatphone.com/support9/

Where is the ship exactly?  I have not personally had a problem in three recent crossings.  The satellite coverage maps do not show a gap.  

They are due in Ponta Delgada, Azores (Portugal) on Sunday the 11th.  Have not heard from him since they left Miami last Saturday the 3rd of June.

You never are quite sure of coverage but the unlimited is usually a better deal than minutes.  Plus you can swap devices by just logging on and kicking the other device off of the plan.  The TA I was on people were lined up every day to get minutes back as the internet would go down and they could not log off.  You have to have the internet up in order to log off and the internet service along with the manager are a different company.  They actually called security to the internet lounge as the internet manager could not handle the line of 40 people lined up about internet problems.

On our ship they said they were having issues with they system that kept the dish aimed at the satellite.  They should have just credited everyone but you had to go to the lounge to get the credit hence the line.

I took a recent Breakaway transatlantic and the Internet service was the best I've ever had. There were a few days when service was slow or spotty, but overall it was speedy and working.

I took a transatlantic cruise last year on the Enchanted Princess. Service was so bad that they simply refunded $10 a day for wifi. After Day 6 wifi barely worked. After Day 9 it didn't work at all. I actually prefer Princess to NCL, but Internet is important to me and be the deciding factor in selecting between similar cruises.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, www3traveler said:

They are due in Ponta Delgada, Azores (Portugal) on Sunday the 11th.  Have not heard from him since they left Miami last Saturday the 3rd of June.

The bridge webcam updated via satellite about two hours ago- it's dark

https://www.cruisingearth.com/ship-webcams/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-getaway/

The satellite position report was last logged an hour ago.

NORWEGIAN GETAWAY Current Location (cruisemapper.com)