San Diego Flight Question

When this question has been asked in the past, some experienced cruisers have posted suggestions about carrying your luggage off the ship yourself as a time saver(my first cruise isn't 'til May); but as a San Diego resident, I can say that the time to go thru security at the airport varies from 15 minutes to an hour! It isn't nearly as bad as LAX, but when busy it can be nerve-wracking if you are on a tight schedule. Day-of-the-week makes a difference, and holiday periods are, of course, very hectic. If you post more details, maybe a multi-cruiser can give more help.

Hope you have some time pre-cruise to enjoy San Diego!

We have flown from there during land vacations when visiting family in San Diego, and living on the east coast we have always left around that time as well. I would say it also depends what airline you are flying on, as I believe as in most airports there are different terminals, and we have waited 15 minutes up to an hour and a half at security.

I have also learned from these boards that you take the chance of problems with early flights from cruises due to customs, docking, and such. A close friend who encouraged us to take our first cruise, missed a flight once due to wanting to get home early, and having a delay with customs in San Diego about a year ago.

Happy cruising!

Archived