Pirate's Parade

smrn

I will be on the Grandeur in April with my 5 year old son and have the late dining option. Will our family be able to see the pirate parade? I wasn't sure if they children 'invade' the dining room during the early or late dinner.

Thanks!

I didn't realize RCCL had a Pirate thing. We're booked on our 1st RCCL cruise, on the Explorer, in August. We're avid Disney cruisers, so we have Pirate costumes. Should I plan on dressing the kids in their pirate gear for this event? What do the pirates do?

Thanks...

Jess

Hi. I've been on the Grandeur twice in the last three months. The pirate oarade will go thru the show during the early dinner seating time, (9ish) then they will parade through the dining room during second seating. they'll put on a little skit on the grand staircase there, so if you're sitting way in the back of the dining room near the kitchen you'll have to listen for them as you won't see them go by.

I didn't realize RCCL had a Pirate thing. We're booked on our 1st RCCL cruise, on the Explorer, in August. We're avid Disney cruisers, so we have Pirate costumes. Should I plan on dressing the kids in their pirate gear for this event? What do the pirates do?

Thanks...

Jess

No need to bring extra. They will give the kids bandana's to color in and then they wear them on their heads for the parade. They will also paint thier faces for the event. On voyager class ships, they will go down the promenade, march into the dining room on deck 5(top level), down the grand staircase to deck 3 and perform. As a dad I thought it was great, but if I was traveling without kids and having a nice dinner I would dread the singing(screaming) kids in the dining room.

We were on the Enchantment in 2002. One night during the show the kids paraded through dressed as pirates. There was my little Nick marching along having a blast. I wasn't expecting it and got all teary eyed. Yes, I am a big sap.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

On the Jewel a few weeks ago they came during our pre-dinner show (for late seating). I remember on the Navigator last year they parade thru the dining room during late seating. I'm a grandma of 3 boys so I really thought they were cute, didn't disturb my dining exerience any. I just get annoyed with the photographers:eek: in the dining room every evening, if I want my picture taken I will stop them and ask them, but I hate their forcefulness about making everyone stop eating and have pictures taken. Give me the pirates any day!!

Looked like medium sized tykes also stormed the dining room on the Vision last month. (up to about 8?)

By all means, if you have pirate regalia, I'd bring it along. Your kid might enjoy being 'extra dressed up' for the event, or for other times on the ship. Or let him be a pirate for formal night!

(Oh no, flame on!) :eek:

I was reading all the posts and suprisingly enjoyed them all.

I'm a single man, early 60s, and always go on adult cruises. After reading the posts, I would ALMOST enjoy seeing the little varmits all dressed up - well, only for a few minutes anyway.

This is one of my sons favorite activities!!!! You do have to sign the kids into the kids club ( i think before 8pm) for them to participate. My son did bring along his pirate costume from halloween on the last 2 cruises... but you certainly dont need to.

I have only been on the Voyager Class ships... the kids have always paraded into the dining room during the second seating. You can get up from your table when you hear them coming to get a good spot to watch and take pictures. ( just let your waiter know that you want to make sure to see it... he/she will let you know whent the kids are coming.

My son will still be 5 when we sail next month on the Grandeur. This is his 4th cruise and he always enjoys going to Camp Carnival/Adventure Ocean, but this will be his first pirate parade. I know he will love it! We will all look forward to it (parents/grandparents).

The age groups in the pirate parade are the 3-5s and the 6-8s. The bigger kids have a little kid partner.

My son spent a lot of time in Adventure Ocean when we were on Voyager in February. I can't say enough good things about the program and the staff.

Archived