Mom x's 4, granma x's 4, lot to offer!

metrowon

Thanks,

I have read a lot of your threads too and enjoyed them a lot. These boards are so interesting and you can learn so much and get some great opinions of all things to do with DCL.

How many times have you cruised DCL?

We have done 10 so far and have 2 more 7 days booked this year. We have gone as a couple and with kids and grandkids from ages 18 months to 51 years of age, so we have experienced a lot of different things on board.

Who knows maybe we will wind up on the same ship sometime and get to meet. I have met several people from the cruise boards already and it was great fun.

mom x4,grandma x4

Just thought I'd chime in here...I totally agree....

As a rookie, it's been so nice being able to talk with DCL cruisin' "veterans" and glean all their wisdom! It made our first cruise go so much easier and has made planning our next two go alot more smoothly!

Thank you both mom x4,grandma x4 and metrowon for all your insights!

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined the boards today and find your posts very helpful!

I feel I can relate to you -- I am also a mother of four and am about your same age (51 in Nov).

In one post, I think you mentioned you lived in Florida. Is that correct?

I am imagining that you have visited Disney World several times or at least enough to know your way around. Am I right?

I am visiting with a family group of 6 and I am the only one that has ever been on a cruise before, (Carnival in 2002), so we are real rookies! We have booked the Disney 3 night land, 4 night sea package for June 1 - 8.

There will be three girls with us on the trip, ages 13, 9 & 7.

Could you (or anyone else who may be reading this post) possibly suggest any must-sees or ideas to getting around so that we can enjoy every minute of our trip?

Thanks!!

No special perks.

But every return guest finds a gift in their stateroom and gets aspecial invitation to a captains reception one evening.

mom x4,grandma x4

Did you forget the embarkation process, never ran into a line after our 1st cruise, because were are Special returnees. Metrowon

Metrowon,

Yep!!! I did for get about the special check in line. Now that only one person has to check you in, I forgot about it because my husband always goes to check us in, so it wasnt something I had done in awhile.

Glad you thought of it.

I love the new beach bag they started giving this last year. I had tons of the beach towels. I read soemwhere they are going to change the gifts mor eoften so you wont get as many of the same gifts when you cruise. That would be great.

mom x4, grandma x4

Metrowon,

Yep!!! I did for get about the special check in line. Now that only one person has to check you in, I forgot about it because my husband always goes to check us in, so it wasnt something I had done in awhile.

Glad you thought of it.

I love the new beach bag they started giving this last year. I had tons of the beach towels. I read soemwhere they are going to change the gifts mor eoften so you wont get as many of the same gifts when you cruise. That would be great.

mom x4, grandma x4

The all you can eat thread? We both know you can have all you want, don't we? Did you believe how the thread just veered away, from the statement. It was so simple, that it became confusing. Keep on cusin, opps, cruising, and keep on posting. Metrowon PS. sorry I veered! Metrowon

Having met mom x 4 grandma x 4 "live and in person" I have to tell you all how wonderful she and her family are... we were on the same cruise together in Dec. 05 and all the info she was able to share with me ahead of time and also when we encountered them on the ship, well, it helped save us a lot of time trying to decide what to do or which way to go or what to see. And it was so nice to have a familiar face on the ship and in the ports :) She is as down-to-earth in person as she is on the board... and the one thing I will always remember is how much she enjoys seeing how much you're enjoying yourself on the cruise!

~~~~~~~~~

Cindy D.

Archived