Help with Questions about WIFI

danny8826

Hi,

I have 2 questions about WIFI.

1.  What's the differences between "Browse" vs "Browse and Stream"?  I plan to use WhatsApp and I might watch YouTube as well.  Do I need Browse and Stream or would Browse work just fine?

2.  If I buy the "one device" package for my phone, can I log out at night and log in to tablet?  Or do I need to buy the "Two Devices" 

Thank you for your help,

Danny

Just returned from eastern Mediterranean and we got the browse Internet Wifi.

5 Mbps download speed but almost 1 full second of ping time.

Those of you who game will note that 1000ms ping time is awful.

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

#1-Try the browse first to watch Youtube. Some have reported no problem watching Youtube with just browse. We had to upgrade a day or so later to browse and stream to watch Youtube.

#2-Need to get two devices.

Thank you for the information.,

3 hours ago, 4sallypat said:

Just returned from eastern Mediterranean and we got the browse Internet Wifi.

5 Mbps download speed but almost 1 full second of ping time.

Those of you who game will note that 1000ms ping time is awful.

I will be doing the Mediterranean with some friends on the World Europa for Christmas.

The listed price are;

Browse for 2 devices, $99.33

Browse and Stream for 2 devices, $161.49

So if I have to upgrade $48 for 1 device, that might be OK.

• Like 1

We don't bother on Med cruises just use data roaming as we have unlimited calls/text + 5GB for £1.50($2) a month, can get more data for not much more but that has been enough for a weeks cruise.

Ship is in port or near land enough time to keep us happy,  rest of the time ship keeps us happy. 

16 hours ago, insidecabin said:

We don't bother on Med cruises just use data roaming as we have unlimited calls/text + 5GB for £1.50($2) a month, can get more data for not much more but that has been enough for a weeks cruise.

Ship is in port or near land enough time to keep us happy,  rest of the time ship keeps us happy. 

With T-Mobile, I have unlimited data and text too, but not on the cruise ship.  This is only for land use only anywhere around the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danny8826 said:

With T-Mobile, I have unlimited data and text too, but not on the cruise ship.  This is only for land use only anywhere around the world.

that's where 

"Ship is in port or near land enough time to keep us happy".

I will be doing the Mediterranean with some friends on the World Europa for Christmas.

I see it is BCN round trip 22 Dec 2023

Day 1 Friday, 22 Dec 2023 Port: Barcelona, Spain Arrival: - Departure: 18:00
Day 2 Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 Port: Marseille (Provence), France Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 3 Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 Port: Genoa (Portofino), Italy Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 4 Monday, 25 Dec 2023 Port: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy Arrival: 07:00 Departure: 19:00
Day 5 Tuesday, 26 Dec 2023 Port: Palermo (Monreale), Italy Arrival: 09:00 Departure: 17:00
Day 6 Wednesday, 27 Dec 2023 Port: Valletta, Malta Arrival: 10:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 7 Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 8 Friday, 29 Dec 2023 Port: Barcelona, Spain Arrival: 07:00

Departure: -

UQQU.jpg

ON that route there will be mobile signal from land for quite some time after leaving ports.

May get signal much of the night day 2 and 5,  and some late day 3 as you pass between Corsica and Elba

Even the sea day There may be times when you get signal from Sardinia or Menorca.

Evenings  unless tied to your phone that say 2hrs for dinner and an hour or two in a lounge/show.

The internet package start to look quite expensive on an per hour basis.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, danny8826 said:

Yes, T Mobile does work in all of Europe only when the ship is close enough to land.

Make sure the roaming is turned off so that it does not connect to the maritime satellite network on board.

We used on our US iPhones: a T Mobile and wife had a Euro eSIM and was wonderful when we were cruising the Greek islands - lots of land connections.

But the Italy and Croatia areas were none because of sailing in the middle of the Adriatic sea.

Edited by 4sallypat
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, insidecabin said:

that's where 

"Ship is in port or near land enough time to keep us happy".

I see it is BCN round trip 22 Dec 2023

Day 1 Friday, 22 Dec 2023 Port: Barcelona, Spain Arrival: - Departure: 18:00
Day 2 Saturday, 23 Dec 2023 Port: Marseille (Provence), France Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 3 Sunday, 24 Dec 2023 Port: Genoa (Portofino), Italy Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 4 Monday, 25 Dec 2023 Port: Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy Arrival: 07:00 Departure: 19:00
Day 5 Tuesday, 26 Dec 2023 Port: Palermo (Monreale), Italy Arrival: 09:00 Departure: 17:00
Day 6 Wednesday, 27 Dec 2023 Port: Valletta, Malta Arrival: 10:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 7 Thursday, 28 Dec 2023 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 8 Friday, 29 Dec 2023 Port: Barcelona, Spain Arrival: 07:00

Departure: -

UQQU.jpg

ON that route there will be mobile signal from land for quite some time after leaving ports.

May get signal much of the night day 2 and 5,  and some late day 3 as you pass between Corsica and Elba

Even the sea day There may be times when you get signal from Sardinia or Menorca.

Evenings  unless tied to your phone that say 2hrs for dinner and an hour or two in a lounge/show.

The internet package start to look quite expensive on an per hour basis.

Thank you.  Yes, this is a roundtrip from BCN.

10 hours ago, 4sallypat said:

Yes, T Mobile does work in all of Europe only when the ship is close enough to land.

Make sure the roaming is turned off so that it does not connect to the maritime satellite network on board.

We used on our US iPhones: a T Mobile and wife had a Euro eSIM and was wonderful when we were cruising the Greek islands - lots of land connections.

But the Italy and Croatia areas were none because of sailing in the middle of the Adriatic sea.

Thank you.

• Like 1