Has it ever happened before?

Riocca

I know that the current website / account situation is far from ideal and possibly could have been handled better but has it ever been done before?

We’ve been cruising for 20 years and in that time have seen cruise lines taken over and merged into corporations. But all the ones I can think of had their own operating and account system that came with them and could continue to operate so that they could be integrated over time.

Cruise lines have also changed their operating systems but that was just moving their own data and I can think of a few cases that didn’t go well either.

Azamara have had to create a new system and then transfer data from a third party system all this while continuing to operate as a fully functional cruise line using live data and no safety net. Basically once they had received the data from RC the new system had to be live and handle it all. Versonix should have been able to anticipate problems and so should Azamara but this was always a disaster waiting to happen given the complexity of the task in hand.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I know that the current website / account situation is far from ideal and possibly could have been handled better but has it ever been done before?

We’ve been cruising for 20 years and in that time have seen cruise lines taken over and merged into corporations. But all the ones I can think of had their own operating and account system that came with them and could continue to operate so that they could be integrated over time.

Cruise lines have also changed their operating systems but that was just moving their own data and I can think of a few cases that didn’t go well either.

Azamara have had to create a new system and then transfer data from a third party system all this while continuing to operate as a fully functional cruise line using live data and no safety net. Basically once they had received the data from RC the new system had to be live and handle it all. Versonix should have been able to anticipate problems and so should Azamara but this was always a disaster waiting to happen given the complexity of the task in hand.

All the time in the travel and countless other industries.  The shoreside C-suite management team needs to go, and with urgency, for the sake of the brand and all of the truly exceptional crew and the service they deliver on board. 

Edited by Marylebone37
  • Like 3