Courtesy buses in port

The general answer is No they don't

Where ports do provide a shuttle service from the dock into the city, it will be provided by the city.

and whether there is a charge for it will depend upon how much the city needs cruise passengers.

small cities with very little in the way of other tourist visitors make sure to be very welcoming to cruise passengers and will lay on transport for free (even to the extent of shuttling people around in residents private cars).  

Larger destinations with more tourists than they can handle even before a cruise arrives often take a less welcoming approach

Obviously, it varies a bit from my generalisation

On 6/11/2023 at 3:48 PM, PurpleMoonlight said:

Hi all.

Do Ambassador provide these please, and if so do they charge for them?

Ta.

I just got off a 2 week Iceland cruise, and there were free shuttle buses in every port that required one.  I don't know if they were from Ambassador or the port cities.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:08 PM, Milaandra said:

I just got off a 2 week Iceland cruise, and there were free shuttle buses in every port that required one.  I don't know if they were from Ambassador or the port cities.

yes, I have replied to that comment elsewhere

The bus we got offered was a bright green "Smart" bus.  I have no idea what it did that makes it smarter than your average bus.  (It did have free Wiffy)

We had to buy a ticket from the travel centre before boarding.

Our two Ambassador cruises so far have had a shuttle where the town wasn’t in walking distance (Hamburg, Reykjavik and Invergordon) but my impression was that these were provided by the port authority / town rather than by Ambassador - there was no charge for any of them. All the others (Amsterdam, Kirkwall, Thorshavn) were well within walking distance (5-10 mins) so there was no shuttle.