Radiance interior room with obstructed view

Hi fellow cruisers,

Just returned from a 10-day in Alaska on the Miracle and got an offer for a free interior room if we sail before the end of the year.  Our options are limited because we have a seven-year old in school and I work in education (and we hadn't planned on cruising again so soon).

We decided on the Radiance in October hoping to enjoy the Halloween festivities.  We normally book an ocean view or balcony, but decided to stick with the interior this time around.  Still, we like to have some light from outside.  I have an interior room with obstructed view at the front of the ship on deck 3 on hold.  Anyone have experience with these types of rooms?  It is below the main lounge showroom, which is my only concern; however, we are night owls so I don't think it would be a major concern.

Thanks!

Edited by jerseygirlinAZ
grammar

28 minutes ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

below the main lounge showroom,

In my experience, they're mostly done using the main lounge by a reasonable time anyway, so noise at night shouldn't be a huge factor. During the day they do closed rehearsals and teching, but you'll be out and about and likely won't notice it unless your family are nappers while cruising.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

Hi fellow cruisers,

Just returned from a 10-day in Alaska on the Miracle and got an offer for a free interior room if we sail before the end of the year.  Our options are limited because we have a seven-year old in school and I work in education (and we hadn't planned on cruising again so soon).

We decided on the Radiance in October hoping to enjoy the Halloween festivities.  We normally book an ocean view or balcony, but decided to stick with the interior this time around.  Still, we like to have some light from outside.  I have an interior room with obstructed view at the front of the ship on deck 3 on hold.  Anyone have experience with these types of rooms?  It is below the main lounge showroom, which is my only concern; however, we are night owls so I don't think it would be a major concern.

Thanks!

cruisedeckplans.com has YouTube videos listed on their site for cabins 3116 and 3139.  They are both 4J cabins.  You can also just do a YouTube search to look at the same videos.

• Like 1