MONARCH DINING - 5:30?? Main

I didn't even read my docs that carefully yet to notice...

Of course, on a 3-night cruise, it's not all that big of a deal to us...so, we'll eat a little early...Friday, we'll be on the ship all afternoon...Sunday's "at sea"...and Saturday, we leave Ensenada at 5 anyway--like there's anything to do with all that time in Ensenada...

As long as they give us a 2+ hour window to eat...we're not getting the main course until after 6 anyway...

And I don't plan on caring about what time it is...

So, I guess all it would really do would be to give us longer evenings for show, karaoke, Piano Bar, etc.and we'll just eat more again in the late evening...

But I guess I should actually read the docs rather for taking it for granted...

I've been on ships before with Main Seating at 6:00, 6:15 and 6:30...NEVER at 5:30!!!

Hahaha, my sister used to get up at 5 AM to be ready for school at 8, and my Dad's comment was always "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, girls!"

I was thinking more of formal night, when you do tend to get tarted up a little earlier (and take longer) and then the photo taking and Captain's Cocktail Party often precede dinner. So when I have early seating, it seems as if I'm already getting ready by 4:00 for 6:00 dinner...

One reason why I've really grown to love late seating dinner! You can get any seat you want poolside or in the Solarium at 4:00, and you don't need to start worrying about the 'sow's ear' until 7:00!

Archived