Mariner Of the Sea...Cruisin' in March 2007

We are taking our very first cruise ever on RCCL. :) Any input that you can give us on that particular ship (ex...crew, food, atmosphere etc) and suggestions on what to wear on the 2 formal nights, and how & what to bring. We want to make sure bases are covered & we're not in for any surprises. Also, if anyone is cruising also on that day, we'd sure like to chat.

Congrats on booking your first cruise!!! I'm sure you will love it. I can't speak on the Mariner....only been on Splendour and will also be cruising next March on AOS. As for what to expect in general, you can do as little or as much as you like. You won't be bored, that's for sure. That's the one good thing about cruising. What itinerary are you doing? We did Western Carib. last March and had a blast. Weather was perfect. We are doing Southern Carib. in Mar. of 2007. The second formal night on Splendour last year was a little "less" formal. Women were still in nice cocktail dresses and most men were in nice suits. The first formal night we saw several men in tuxes and women in long dresses. Do you plan on doing any excursions on the islands?

You are going to love the Mariner of the Seas! It will spoil you for other ships tho. Might as well start at the top! The food and service is wonderful! The formal nights were as mentioned, not so formal. My husband wore a sport coat, tie and slacks--bought an addi'l tie for the next formal night. I wore a simple black dress with a matching coat/top. Our table mates were dressed to the nines but neither party was too concerned about the others apparel:) . Board early and have a good time. There is plenty to explore before you leave port. Be sure to be up top when you disembark as the sunset is beautiful! You didn't mention the type of cabin you are in. Let me know I might be able to help with description. Have fun!

Just a few tips I can think of:

- pack your swim suits and anything you want during the first day in a carryon in case luggage doesn't arrive promptly

- when you board (early) instead of rushing up to the packed Windjammer buffett, eat a leisurly snack type lunch in the promenade and unwind from your travel to the ship

- bring along a really good pair of water shoes for any excursions you may have

- speaking of excursions, research them through this site, you can find great excursions at a lower price than through the ship.

Have an awesome time!

You are going to love the Mariner of the Seas! It will spoil you for other ships tho. Might as well start at the top! The food and service is wonderful! The formal nights were as mentioned, not so formal. My husband wore a sport coat, tie and slacks--bought an addi'l tie for the next formal night. I wore a simple black dress with a matching coat/top. Our table mates were dressed to the nines but neither party was too concerned about the others apparel:) . Board early and have a good time. There is plenty to explore before you leave port. Be sure to be up top when you disembark as the sunset is beautiful! You didn't mention the type of cabin you are in. Let me know I might be able to help with description. Have fun!

Thanks for the tips. Our room is a Promenade Stateroom #6579. Any additional information would just be great. We are really looking forward to this.

Congrats on booking your first cruise!!! I'm sure you will love it. I can't speak on the Mariner....only been on Splendour and will also be cruising next March on AOS. As for what to expect in general, you can do as little or as much as you like. You won't be bored, that's for sure. That's the one good thing about cruising. What itinerary are you doing? We did Western Carib. last March and had a blast. Weather was perfect. We are doing Southern Carib. in Mar. of 2007. The second formal night on Splendour last year was a little "less" formal. Women were still in nice cocktail dresses and most men were in nice suits. The first formal night we saw several men in tuxes and women in long dresses. Do you plan on doing any excursions on the islands?

Thanks for the information. We are going to Cocoa Cay, St. Thomas & St. Maartins. We are so looking forward to this, since it's our first one, and we really don't know anything about things.

Also could you tell me where & how you put the ticker on you're information. I would really love to do all those fun things

Just a few tips I can think of:

- pack your swim suits and anything you want during the first day in a carryon in case luggage doesn't arrive promptly

- when you board (early) instead of rushing up to the packed Windjammer buffett, eat a leisurly snack type lunch in the promenade and unwind from your travel to the ship

- bring along a really good pair of water shoes for any excursions you may have

- speaking of excursions, research them through this site, you can find great excursions at a lower price than through the ship.

Have an awesome time!

Do you have any recommendations for any excursions? As far as the food, do you recommend anything really great. I've heard different things on what should be done before "getting set". Are you able to get to the pool once you board the ship?

We went on the Western not the Eastern so I'm not up to date on the excursions, but I'm sure you'll find more information than you can ever imagine on these boards. I do remember from when we went, 12 years ago!, that St. John was our favorite island and is a "must" see. As for food, we found at dinner that the waiters recommendation were always good.

Archived