Premium Plus Beverage Package

Hi

Heading on our first NCL cruise round the Med on Norwegian Breakaway in August. 
we got the Free at Sea which comes with the standard drinks package. I understand you pay a 20% gratuity on this package but then I saw I can upgrade to Premium Plus Package online before the cruise and the price includes the 20% gratuity. 

Am I right in thinking that if I take the upgrade I won’t pay any additional gratuity on the drinks? The upgrade cost is less than the 20% gratuity I’d pay for the standard package so seems a no brainer if there’s no additional gratuity to pay. 

Thanks

You still pay for the 20% on the original package and then pay for the upgrade which is $29 plus 20% per person per day.  

On a 7 day cruise, you will pay $152.60pp for the standard package and then $243.60pp additional for the upgrade.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The FAS standard package gratuities are already on your confirmation.  It's listed as "Bev Srv Charge" on your confirmation.

Instead of thinking the way NCL wants you to think with different labels for different line items, treat the FAS as an optional inclusive package.  The standard drink package costs $21.80/person/day.  It's money paid to NCL, and I don't care what label NCL puts on it.

• Like 2