freedom of the seas pools

anybody know anything about freedom of the seas swimming pools?...any of them? as far as salt water or fresh water goes?. also what's the rumor with 152 instead of 158 sq ft. interior staterooms?

The official RCI stats I have seen show that the interior rooms on Freedom will be 152 sq. feet. These seem to be the only rooms that are smaller than similar rooms on their other classes of ships. The outside rooms and balcony rooms appear to be only slightly (1 to 3 square feet) larger than the comparable rooms on their other ships, but the balconies are quite a bit larger.

Although several posters have claimed that the pools on the Freedom will be fresh water, I have seen nothing official to indicate this and when I have queried those posting otherwise, they fail to reply. Frankly, I would just as soon swim in salt water pools rather than overly chlorinated fresh water pools that you can smell from hundreds of feet away. When I get off the ship at any of the islands, I will be swimming in the salt water of the Caribbean, so I don't see it as a big issue. For those who object to the salt there are fresh water showers to wash off any accumulation.

We have an invitation to a 2 night inaugural cruise out of Boston, so if the answers haven't been posted before then, I'll let you know what I find out.:)

Bill,

I agree with you! When I am floating around in the middle of the ocean, I like to feel like I am....well....in the ocean. I'll be really disappointed if the pools aren't saltwater. :(

Tracy

The official RCI stats I have seen show that the interior rooms on Freedom will be 152 sq. feet. These seem to be the only rooms that are smaller than similar rooms on their other classes of ships. The outside rooms and balcony rooms appear to be only slightly (1 to 3 square feet) larger than the comparable rooms on their other ships, but the balconies are quite a bit larger.

Although several posters have claimed that the pools on the Freedom will be fresh water, I have seen nothing official to indicate this and when I have queried those posting otherwise, they fail to reply. Frankly, I would just as soon swim in salt water pools rather than overly chlorinated fresh water pools that you can smell from hundreds of feet away. When I get off the ship at any of the islands, I will be swimming in the salt water of the Caribbean, so I don't see it as a big issue. For those who object to the salt there are fresh water showers to wash off any accumulation.

We have an invitation to a 2 night inaugural cruise out of Boston, so if the answers haven't been posted before then, I'll let you know what I find out.:)

how did you get a two night cruise ...and out of boston!?! when is this!?

I called RCI to ask a few questions and this was one of them. I was told, without any hesitation, that all of the pools would be salt water.

Thats funny. Once again different responses from different people at RCCL. I was told that Freedom would be the 1st RCCL ship with Freshwater pools. I hope your person was right though. I happen to like the salt water pools. They seem more refreshing and they are nice to just float in.

how did you get a two night cruise ...and out of boston!?! when is this!?

RCI is inviting Diamond Plus C&A members on the various Freedom cruises before she arrives in Miami to begin its regular cruise schedule. After the christening ceremony in NY, the ship will visit a number of cities on the East Coast, beginning with Boston. The one we were invited to is out of Boston on May 19th. Guess all those past RCI cruises really paid off.:)

I as well will be really dissapointed in RCCL if all the pools are freshwater. I understand that the "rides" like the flowrider, and the lazy river will most likely Have to be freshwater (corrosion on the pressure pumps, and salt damaging the statues and squirt guns, etc).

BUT...they better leave the sports pool and ESPECIALLY the solarium alone!

Archived