Maitre D - June 2023 Royal Princess

Oreo1340

I am with a group of 10 and want to reach the Maitre D as soon as we board. Do I just go straightaway to the dining are to find them? We were unable to book via the app - so want to see if I can reserve space in Concerto or Allegro for the same time each night for our group (10 people). 

thanks!!

Hi @Oreo1340 Have you tried using the web-version of getting ocean -ready? There is a link beside the buttons on-line, in your personalizer, instead of going through the app. 

Through the web version you can get to Dine my Way. I make all my reservations there.

I have also found that when you call the Princess line, and go through all the steps - e.g.having a booking already, booked with agent or PC directly, etc. choose - Get help making a dining reservation and choose OCEAN READY assistance. I have had mild success with this as well. Several times, the wait was not too long and on Monday, the wait was 20 minutes, and it took some explaining and holding, but I was able to get what I needed.

Good Luck! 

Yes, you can also ask to speak with the DORO - Director of Restaurant Ops - through any staff member at the dining room. If it is Claudio Guiliani, you will be in luck! He is very thorough as the Director. The BEST. Bon Voyage!!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your response! Yes, I have tried several times through the ocean ready app - and our group is too big. We tried splitting up so that we would be five and five or six and four all different scenarios. I think we were a little late in hopping on.

I am hoping that not all the reservations are done through the app that maybe they have some set aside for people who request when they get on the ship?

I will definitely ask for Claudio! Thank you again so much.

Jenn

• 2 weeks later...

You can also go around breakfast or lunch time and discuss dinner reservations with them.

We had reservations booked before the cruise but had a group of 9 so we would go earlier in the day to ask that we be seated together.

One of the dining rooms (I think it was Concerto) will be open for lunch on embarkation day.

Edited by SuzieQ521

On 6/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, CruzeQueen2 said:

Hi @Oreo1340 Have you tried using the web-version of getting ocean -ready? There is a link beside the buttons on-line, in your personalizer, instead of going through the app. 

Through the web version you can get to Dine my Way. I make all my reservations there.

I have also found that when you call the Princess line, and go through all the steps - e.g.having a booking already, booked with agent or PC directly, etc. choose - Get help making a dining reservation and choose OCEAN READY assistance. I have had mild success with this as well. Several times, the wait was not too long and on Monday, the wait was 20 minutes, and it took some explaining and holding, but I was able to get what I needed.

Good Luck! 

Yes, you can also ask to speak with the DORO - Director of Restaurant Ops - through any staff member at the dining room. If it is Claudio Guiliani, you will be in luck! He is very thorough as the Director. The BEST. Bon Voyage!!

Claudio is the best !! We had an issue on the Regal a few months ago. I am beginning to dislike the dmw they do now. We were told we could get a table for 4 each night as the way we booked thru the website.  Second night we go in and the desk lady put us at a table for 12 !!   In her words " if we didn't like the table, we could dine elsewhere "  Wow, never been spoken down to like that before. We walked out. Went to guest services, they called Claudio and for the rest of the cruise we had no issues at all. Such a great guy to deal with. Soft spoken and caring.

• Like 1