How is Deck 2 or 3 on Navigator?

Trying to plan for 1st cruise in Oct on NOS. I think having an inside cabin with no windows would bother me so we are planning on OV. Most of the cabins left are on deck 2 or 3. Wish we could afford a balcony, but tried to tell myself we will only be there to sleep. There will be 4 of us. Thanks!!!

The difference of 4 in a cabin and 2 cabins is not as much as you think if one or both are inside cabins. I think the 3rd and 4th person is 499 and the M inside is 661 or close to that.... that is about 300 difference for both int he cabin. For the 300$ difference you get room and privacy! price it out and see. It is sooooo close that for years our kids have their own cabin. As a matter of fact, in Oct when we are doing our next cruise on Mariner, the balcony is on sale and is only 140 more per person to get a balcony vs inside. You need to work the combinations out, and then look at where the cabins are. Good luck!

Trying to plan for 1st cruise in Oct on NOS. I think having an inside cabin with no windows would bother me so we are planning on OV. Most of the cabins left are on deck 2 or 3. Wish we could afford a balcony, but tried to tell myself we will only be there to sleep. There will be 4 of us. Thanks!!!

I don't know about the Navigator....but I can say deck 3 was fine for us on the Legend. Definitely go for an Ocean view...as opposed to an inside. The cabin feels twice as big....is always light and bright...and it is wonderful to have the ocean outside your window. The windows are very big...I loved mine. You never miss what's going on...it is great fun when coming into ports early in the morning. No need to rush up on the deck to see what the weather is like... or to see where you are. I also felt I would spend liitle time in my cabin..and expected it to be very small. We were so surprised... It was absolutely lovely...very spacious..a pleasure to spend time in. Have a great Cruise!

I totally agree with Inshape. If your children are not very young, put them next door to you in a connecting cabin (or across the hall in an inside cabin). We did just this on our first cruise w/the kids, DD's were 10 and 13 at the time. Having the two bathrooms (3 girls need them!), and the quiet of our own room more than made up for the $120 difference in price for a 4 day cruise!!! Did it again on our 7-day last May, the difference was well under $200. Believe me, it is worth it.

I have not stayed on deck 2 oe 3 on the NOTS, but I don't see any problem with them. With the NOTS, there is so much to do and see, you will be hardly spend any time in the cabin. At the end of the cruise, you will be surprised how many places on the ship that you have not visited.

We were on deck 3 on the Radiance. It worked out well for us. One flight down to catch the tenders. Much bigger window then we would have had on deck 2. When we were going to deck 11 and higher, we caught the elevator. They were usually empty because they aren't very many cabins on deck 2. By the time we got to deck 7 or 8, they were often full and those folks had to wait for another elevator. Going down we always took the stairs. I just couldn't walk up more then 3 flights at a time. And according to the good folks here, it's a better place for motion sickness. We were mid ship. It was rare that I ever felt rocking in our cabin, but I experienced a lot of rocking higher up and aft.

Have a wonderful cruise.:D

thanks for all the great advice so far. If we were to do 2 inside cabins. I would assume the pricing would be like 2 adults in each cabin?

Yes. Actually, kids don't get priced less. The 3rd and 4th person in a cabin do.

Archived