CheyennetoDawsonville

We were on the Insignia for NYE, and the Insignia is similar to the Nautica.

They had a special menu in the Main Dining Room - I remember a really good lobster dish in particular.

The Lounge was decorated with balloons, andthere were silly hats & horns available for the passengers.

On our particular cruise the seas were pretty rough that day, so it put a damper on the festivities since about 50% of the passengers were not feeling well.

But there was music & dancing for those who felt like partying the night away.

Similar experience on Sirena a couple of years ago (special menu, funny hats, horns, etc.), but with an unwanted "extra". We had retired early after a long day. At midnight, the captain decided that everyone needed to celebrate, so did a live countdown on the speakers in every stateroom (not just in the hallways, as usual with announcements). Woke us (and I imagine quite a few others) from a sound sleep. It was very loud, and no way to turn it off. I don't know if this is standard procedure for New Year's on O, but you might want to be aware.

2 hours ago, kreastman said:

Similar experience on Sirena a couple of years ago (special menu, funny hats, horns, etc.), but with an unwanted "extra". We had retired early after a long day. At midnight, the captain decided that everyone needed to celebrate, so did a live countdown on the speakers in every stateroom (not just in the hallways, as usual with announcements). Woke us (and I imagine quite a few others) from a sound sleep. It was very loud, and no way to turn it off. I don't know if this is standard procedure for New Year's on O, but you might want to be aware.

OUCH!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 4:33 PM, PhD-iva said:

OUCH!

kreastman, not standard.  But at midnight on Regatta to welcome in the (awful to be) year 2020 I was at the party on the pool deck, so can't say for sure what the Captain was doing that particular night/time.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

On 6/17/2023 at 11:14 AM, kreastman said:

Methinks it was likely a matter of grabbing the wrong mic.  THAT one you don't want to be able to squelch.