Soy Milk on Dawn -- Does this sound right?

Momof2kids

Both of the kids are lactose-intolerant and drink soy milk. So, I called NCL up today on the regular 1-800 number to ask if there is Soy Milk available on the Dawn or if I would need to bring my own. I was told that I would have to bring my own and that I would need a note from the kids' doctor attesting that they have to have soy milk.

It's not a big deal, really, to bring our own soy milk, but I thought I'd doublecheck with you NCL gurus. Has anyone seen/heard of soy milk on the Dawn? I'd rather not schlep 4 gallons of milk on the ship (with a doctors note, no less!) and then find out I could have called someone at NCL and arranged to have soy milk on board.

Is there someone else (other than the regular 1-800 number) that I should have spoken with?

Thanks for all of your help! All of the advice I've gotten here is going to make my vacation that much smoother!

My Dd is allergic to milk .I have always just brought soy milk for her on all vacations . Last year on the Dawn I just packed the soy and never even thought about it .No doctors note .Never had a problem. I never saw any soy on board but I really didn't look We will be going again next month and I will be bringing it again.

My son needs rice milk and we bring it with us when we sail on the Dawn. I've called the special services desk and the regular desk and they both said they don't carry it. I never was told about the dr.'s note though so I didn't have any. We sailed on 1 10-day cruise so I carried on a case of rice milk with no problem.

My son also needs special milk, I was told they are able to provide rice and soy milk...they just need to know ahead of time. Call the passenger courtesy desk...if no help there then ask them to speak with the medical liason...they will help you with your dietary needs. My son cannot have dairy, gluten, casein, yeast and more....they are really helping us on our cruise on the Spirit June 11th.

Best of luck, keep us posted

Archived