Britannia Restaurant on QV

Cruise Puss

Broadly Deck 2 for Open, Deck 3 for Fixed, but it depends on numbers and exact circumstances. So for example if Deck 2 is fairly full but Deck 3 is getting quiet, the front desk may ask the passenger to use the handy stairwell nearby to go up to  Deck 3. Normally those on Fixed are kept to one table, but there may be circumstances for those turning up early for the second sitting being invited to go down to a table in Deck 2 for that evening if things are over-running (or you can wait of course for your table, they can give you a bleeper for this). 

Moreover I don't think there is anything holy about Open being on Deck 2, I can see they may make it Deck 3 on a particular trip.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

Broadly Deck 2 for Open, Deck 3 for Fixed, but it depends on numbers and exact circumstances. So for example if Deck 2 is fairly full but Deck 3 is getting quiet, the front desk may ask the passenger to use the handy stairwell nearby to go up to  Deck 3. Normally those on Fixed are kept to one table, but there may be circumstances for those turning up early for the second sitting being invited to go down to a table in Deck 2 for that evening if things are over-running (or you can wait of course for your table, they can give you a bleeper for this). 

Moreover I don't think there is anything holy about Open being on Deck 2, I can see they may make it Deck 3 on a particular trip.

That's really helpful. Thanks very much. ☺️

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Two weeks ago on QM2 it was open on level 3 and fixed dining was level 2 .

Yes, QM2 is different in this respect (though from reading reports, people do end up on other decks in both directions); QE is the same as QV with Open on Deck 2.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Two weeks ago on QM2 it was open on level 3 and fixed dining was level 2 .

Thanks, but I only need to know about QV. 🙂

Edited by Cruise Puss

Just off QV and can confirm fixed sitting is deck 3, open is deck 2.  On the odd night we did witness a few diners on open being accommodated on deck 3.  The fixed dining was well attended on second sitting and the service and food was some of the best we have had. Quality and presentation of food was excellent.  The ship is in very good shape - no evidence of worn or tired carpets/furnishings as some have complained about. No issue with service in any of the bars and hot/cold canapés served every night in the Commodore. Some very talented musicians played throughout the ship and Pol Acker was back in action as was the senior officers party. Have a great trip!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Just off QV and can confirm fixed sitting is deck 3, open is deck 2.  On the odd night we did witness a few diners on open being accommodated on deck 3.  The fixed dining was well attended on second sitting and the service and food was some of the best we have had. Quality and presentation of food was excellent.  The ship is in very good shape - no evidence of worn or tired carpets/furnishings as some have complained about. No issue with service in any of the bars and hot/cold canapés served every night in the Commodore. Some very talented musicians played throughout the ship and Pol Acker was back in action as was the senior officers party. Have a great trip!

That is extremely helpful. 😊

We've been on her twice in the last two years, but have had a Britannia Club cabin. This time we're going with my Mother-in-law and have got two Balcony cabins, and have chosen late sitting as we prefer it.

We're not going till August, but I just wanted to know in advance.😊

Thanks very much. 😊

• Like 1