Photo Packages - What do you Really Get?

On 6/21/2023 at 1:51 AM, TheBucketLister said:

1.  What was the up charge for the unlimited and is it based on what you originally paid for the 100 photos?  For example I paid $125 for the package on Anthem.

2.  Also there was no option to get a mix of print versus digital, it is either one or the other?

On my 2022 Oasis cruise, the up charge to go from 100 pictures to unlimited was $70.  A year later, the cost was $100.  

They looked up my account each time so they could see what I paid.  Royal didn’t list the unlimited option in the cruise planner or on the onboard signage, so I have no idea how they determined the up charge.

I wouldn’t have even known unlimited was available if a photo worker hadn’t mentioned it to me when she kept seeing me at their kiosks trying to pick my pictures.

You cannot mix physical prints and digital.

On the Oasis, you view and select your pictures from their kiosks which are available 24x7.  Once you click “buy” on a picture, you can’t undo that choice.  The screen always displays how many pictures you have left to select for your package.

• Thanks 1

As just an FYI, from a recent Voyager trip, the downloaded files were 2400x3000px@300dpi.  Around 2.5Mb per file.  Have not yet sent for print, but I think that is OK quality for my needs: photo album, memento type.

On 6/19/2023 at 10:51 PM, mattR said:

How much do they charge for the flash drive?

I only know it was $10 last year at this time. It was in the shape of a cruise ship (fwiw). We had the 100 photo package and I felt this was well worth having.   Made it easier to share those photos with my father, who was able to print for us. 

Usually starting about 30 minutes before 1st dinner and again before 2nd dining.  But you can also run across them randomly too- like they can be at the bumper cars, Northstar, iFly, wave ride, roaming around perfect day, labadee, we also have gotten shots by the pool... more than just port calls and in the dining room. At the abyss, zipline, if your ship has a vehicle on the promenade, different spots in the evening in Cental Park, staircases, besides all the backdrops, some are exceptionally incredibly talented.  

• Like 1