Live From Royal Princess 6/24/23 Alaska Glacier Bay Seattle R/T

iamaqt2

Some random thoughts and observations halfway through the cruise. 

The internet still isn't great. 

The app isn't working properly at this time.  You can place food and drink orders, but they'll get canceled.  Unless you're watching the app you won't see it. I had 6 orders canceled.  And I can't tell you how many times passengers walked up to the different bars to see why the order they placed 45 minutes ago hadn't been delivered only to be told by staff the app wasn't working.  Princess did finally get more servers out proactively taking drink orders old school style halfway through the cruise.  But those first few days were frustrating. 

I had an order randomly show up in my room after I got back from dinner that I had placed 4 hours prior.

One night my cruise mate bit into glass in her blueberry cobbler.  We notified the dining staff right away to let them know they may not want to keep serving it, and they were amazing, checking to see if she needed medical attention.  She was fine, but they were on top of things immediately.  They brought her a different dessert right away.

The Royal class ships need a dedicated late night disco like Skywalkers.  The Piazza is not an intimate late night venue.  And they're no longer using the Vista Lounge because of the staterooms above it according to DJ Anthony. 

If Princess is going to actively market to younger demographics, they're going to need activities past 1 am. The Planner says 11 pm til Late.  But that late was exactly 1 am every night, despite 20+ people still wanting to dance. 

And no bars were open after 12:30.  Even land bars serve until 2.  Every night Good Spirits gave last call at 12:30.

So if you like late night action, be warned that the ship shuts down early.  I almost felt like I was on Holland America.. except they shut down at 10.. so I did get a couple more hours.