Princess wedding --*Flower Question*--

Princess Brides: (past and future)

How many of you did not order your flowers through TWE?? In other words, did anyone just wait until they got on the ship to order their corsages, extra boutinerres, etc., etc. ?????

I read where another bride (Escapecruises) recommends this because it'll save $$$$. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has tried this. We are considering it, and I'd love some input.

Thanks!!

I don't think this was an option for us b/c we got married on embarkation day. We did pay plenty for our flowers. :) Good Luck. I hope that works. Anything to save some $! I guess my only concern would be stock of the right flowers/colors, but if you are flexible, I'm guessing you'll be fine.

I did consider pre-ordering the dozen red roses from the Princess website under the "gifts" section to make boutineres out of, but decided against it. It would have saved me money thought. 12 long stem red roses costs like 58 dollars. I could have made plenty of boutineres and corsages myself. If I had a larger party I would have done it. I agree, if you're flexible on the type of flowers or if you're looking for something common like roses I think you would be fine to wait.

Hi All

Another thing you could is what I have done I have ordered my flowers from princess then went to an arts and craft shop and got silk flowers for the men and the bridesmaids in the colours that I wanted and they look just as good as the real thing and will save you alot of money. I got my step Mom to put the bridesmaids flowers togeather and she has done a very good job on them. When we were looking at bridesmaid dresses we took one them with us and was taking pictures and you wouldnt know the differance if they were silk or real.

Wishbone :)

We opted for silk flowers, rather than purchase them from RR/TWE. I was sceptical at first, but they looked really wonderful -- and you would never have known they were silk.

Our decision was made eaiser because we wanted something other than traditional roses. To do a custom order through the wedding planning folks was outrageously expensive. So we ended up getting exactly what we wanted and saved us tons of money. The added bonus is that the wedding party now has beautiful keepsakes from the wedding.

And if you are not comfortable making a silk bouquet yourself, there are lots of resources for pre-made ones.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter's wedding is on Caribbean Princess on May 1st (April 29th sailing) and we did not purchase any flowers. My wife and I have spent the past 6 months buying beautiful tropical silk flowers and making all the bouquets, boutonnieres, tabletop arrangements, etc.

They look better than real flowers and we estimate we are saving about $750-$1000 than if we had done the same thing with real flowers. All the flowers match the bridesmaid dresses and it's all color coordinated. We could not get that guarantee from the wedding department because they don't know exactly what flowers will be available.

They were not hard to make, but you must have the time to do it.

The only problem, of course, is getting all this stuff on board and then taking it back home with us.

Hi,

I'm thinking about making my flowers also for my wedding on the Caribbean Princess. I think it would definitely be cheaper. Plus, you can't bring back the real flowers to save anyway. :)

Has anyone out there who was married on a Princess cruise bought your proofs? Do they give you that option? I was just curious how much it would cost.

My fiance and I are hoping to be married by the captain on one of the Princess ships. We have a list of the ships where this is possible and now need to pick an itinerary. We've cruised the Caribbean a number of times and want to do something different this time. We're thinking either Hawaii or Europe. The only Hawaiian option is 15 days return from LA. There are lots of European options. Does anyone have any advice for us? We haven't picked a date yet....looking at prices and itineraries first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. According to the info we have from Princess they offer 3 different wedding packages. The "Tie The Knot At Sea" package is available on "at sea" days and performed by the Captain. The other 2 packages (haborside and ashore) say "a local officiant will perform the ceremony". We're wondering if "at sea" has to be an entire day without a port stop or can it be a day when the ship leaves the port earlier. For instance on the Greek Isles itinerary you board the ship in Venice, spend the night on the ship and leave Venice at 1 pm. Can we then plan to be married later that day once we're at sea? Maybe that still doesn't count as an "at sea" day???

TIA

Moe

My fiance and I are hoping to be married by the captain on one of the Princess ships. We have a list of the ships where this is possible and now need to pick an itinerary. We've cruised the Caribbean a number of times and want to do something different this time. We're thinking either Hawaii or Europe. The only Hawaiian option is 15 days return from LA. There are lots of European options. Does anyone have any advice for us? We haven't picked a date yet....looking at prices and itineraries first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. According to the info we have from Princess they offer 3 different wedding packages. The "Tie The Knot At Sea" package is available on "at sea" days and performed by the Captain. The other 2 packages (haborside and ashore) say "a local officiant will perform the ceremony". We're wondering if "at sea" has to be an entire day without a port stop or can it be a day when the ship leaves the port earlier. For instance on the Greek Isles itinerary you board the ship in Venice, spend the night on the ship and leave Venice at 1 pm. Can we then plan to be married later that day once we're at sea? Maybe that still doesn't count as an "at sea" day???

TIA

Moe

Archived