Just booked Brilliance out of Vancouver

colesc15

The only other Alaskan cruise we've done, we went out if Seattle. This time, we'll be doing Vancouver. We already have passports, obviously, but what will be different for us flying from the US? Seattle definitely has cheaper flights, but hoping I can find something reasonable to Vancouver. 

Basically I'm guessing we'll go through customs and show our passport when we land, and then same thing after the cruise is done back at the airport? 

From everything I've heard, these smaller ships have much better itineraries than the big ships from Seattle. 

You will be required also to show your passports to CBP at Canada Place Cruise ship terminal.  The process for clearing Canada Customs at YVR is quite automated and is very speedy.  After your cruise, you will re-enter Canada but rarely have I seen a CBSA agent look at a passport.  However, after checking in for your return flight to the US you will go through CBP at YVR.  Strongly suggest downloading CBP Mobile Passport Control. This app facilitates quicker entry through CBP and is usable at YVR.  The same app is used at Port Everglades, MIA etc as well as all international airports in the US.