What to do in Ft. Lauderdale

We are taking RCI Enchantment of the Seas cruise on 3/23/06. Our flight is scheduled to land in Ft. L at 9:50AM.

Any suggestions on what to do or where to go in the time before we can board? How far is the dock from the airport?

If your flight gets in at 9:50, by the time you get your luggage and hail a cab to the port, which is very close, it will be just about time to board. I doubt you'll have time to sightsee. We've always been early to the port and not had to wait long at all to board. Got on each time no later than 12.

Being from Philly myself, I'd allow more time for my flight to be delayed or to find a place to park my car. :rolleyes:

Colleen

In case you have time either B4 or after your cruise Ft Lauderdale is well worth seeing. Take the water taxi, you can get an all day pass for 10 bucks a piece and get on and off as you wish, although we were on one water taxi when we were there and one of the boat "host's" was pretty rude, he actually almost got into a fight with one of the passengers and he actually ran off the boat and out on the pier after the guy. Other than that it was a very nice experience, the homes along there are incredible. there is also the riverfront walk and shooters restaurant is worth getting to. It is a beautiful place that is well worth taking some time to see.

Archived