It seems that Vantage Travel has ceased operations and many people paid thousands for trips that won’t be delivered. To date, Vantage has made no formal statements about resuming cruises and tours. Neither have they filed bankruptcy.

Do you have any insight into how to obtain insurance reimbursement for these loses? Is this likely to be covered under financial default. What should we look for in our policy coverage documents? Is there any specific wording we should use, or avoid, when making the initial claim?

7 hours ago, CPT Trips said:

It seems that Vantage Travel has ceased operations and many people paid thousands for trips that won’t be delivered. To date, Vantage has made no formal statements about resuming cruises and tours. Neither have they filed bankruptcy.

Do you have any insight into how to obtain insurance reimbursement for these loses? Is this likely to be covered under financial default. What should we look for in our policy coverage documents? Is there any specific wording we should use, or avoid, when making the initial claim?

Hi CPT Trips,

I've read articles about Vantage, too, but I don't know what's really happening. Their website hasn't changed and is still promoting trips. I've called them but they haven't answered the phone.

> Do you have any insight into how to obtain insurance reimbursement for these loses? Is this likely to be covered under financial default. What should we look for in our policy coverage documents?

You'll want to find out how your policy covers financial default. What exact policy do you have?

Steve Dasseos

On 6/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi CPT Trips,

I've read articles about Vantage, too, but I don't know what's really happening. Their website hasn't changed and is still promoting trips. I've called them but they haven't answered the phone.

> Do you have any insight into how to obtain insurance reimbursement for these loses? Is this likely to be covered under financial default. What should we look for in our policy coverage documents?

You'll want to find out how your policy covers financial default. What exact policy do you have?

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve. Gerry from Oregon here.

Vantage has not put out any press release or announcement stating they have "ceased operations," but according to some employees, all were laid off last week. Permanently, they were told. Apparently, the website is still up because there are no employees to decommission it. And no one to answer phones or return calls. (Someone on Facebook said it appears that people could still make payments through the website, although they stopped accepting credit cards a couple of weeks ago. That is pretty slimy if true.)

One very sad thing is that there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of Vantage customers who don't even know their planned trips are not going to happen. They did notify customers that all trips up to August 28 had been cancelled, but there are still plenty of people with departure dates in September and later who are in the dark.

18 minutes ago, GerryL13 said:

Hi Steve. Gerry from Oregon here.

Vantage has not put out any press release or announcement stating they have "ceased operations," but according to some employees, all were laid off last week. Permanently, they were told. Apparently, the website is still up because there are no employees to decommission it. And no one to answer phones or return calls. (Someone on Facebook said it appears that people could still make payments through the website, although they stopped accepting credit cards a couple of weeks ago. That is pretty slimy if true.)

One very sad thing is that there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of Vantage customers who don't even know their planned trips are not going to happen. They did notify customers that all trips up to August 28 had been cancelled, but there are still plenty of people with departure dates in September and later who are in the dark.

Hi Gerry,

I agree that what they are doing isn't good. I'd think that there's got to be someone arround to make an update to their website, so I don't know why that simple courtesy hasn't been done.

Steve Dasseos