MD Resident Seeking Yearly Medical Evacuation Trip Interruption policy

Kaiser Permanente will cover my medical costs if we have an injury outside of the country.  I am more concerned about evacuation and interruption policies.  We have 4 cruises coming up next year: a TA, SA & Antarctica, Caribbean and Norway.  Can I get a yearly policy?

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

Kaiser Permanente will cover my medical costs if we have an injury outside of the country.  I am more concerned about evacuation and interruption policies.  We have 4 cruises coming up next year: a TA, SA & Antarctica, Caribbean and Norway.  Can I get a yearly policy?

Hi 0106,

Geo Blue has good Annual Travel Medical Insurance plans (https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/), but they aren't available to residents of MD, NY and WA.

There are Annual Trip Cancellation plans available, but I haven't found an Annual Trip Cancellation plan that is good enough for me to sell due to their plan limitations with what's needed to cover the changes in travel since Covid started.

You also could consider insuring each trip with a single-trip plan in case you don't like the Annual Trip Cancellation plans that are available.

Steve Dasseos

@iamtrustworthy I am interested in an annual medical evacuation and trip interruption policy.  If an evacuation takes place for me or my DH, I want the interruption to get the other party home.  

I am not a trip cancellation policy.

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

@iamtrustworthy I am interested in an annual medical evacuation and trip interruption policy.  If an evacuation takes place for me or my DH, I want the interruption to get the other party home.  

I am not a trip cancellation policy.

Hi 0106,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I am not a trip cancellation policy.", but if you want trip interruption you will need a trip cancellation policy.

Steve Dasseos

@iamtrustworthy First excuse my typo. I meant I was not looking for a cancellation policy.

I guess I am confused about terminology.  I thought trip cancellation meant canceling before the trip began.  I thought trip interruption referred to leaving in the middle of the trip.  What I think we need is evacuation insurance and insurance to get the person who does not need to be evacuated home too.  I’m not concerned about being reimbursed for the cruise.  I am concerned about getting both parties to the hospital and then home after treatment.  Is there a yearly policy for that type of situation. 

Since I have 4 trips planned on a 12 month period, I was looking for a yearly policy.  Thank you for your patience with my questions.

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

@iamtrustworthy First excuse my typo. I meant I was not looking for a cancellation policy.

I guess I am confused about terminology.  I thought trip cancellation meant canceling before the trip began.  I thought trip interruption referred to leaving in the middle of the trip.  What I think we need is evacuation insurance and insurance to get the person who does not need to be evacuated home too.  I’m not concerned about being reimbursed for the cruise.  I am concerned about getting both parties to the hospital and then home after treatment.  Is there a yearly policy for that type of situation. 

Since I have 4 trips planned on a 12 month period, I was looking for a yearly policy.  Thank you for your patience with my questions.

Hi 0106,

Trip cancellation does mean canceling before the trip began, but trip interruption doesn't require you to retun home after the trip starts. You might be prevented from continuing on your trip for a few days (often due to illness or injury) and flying to catch up to your trip. You'd be reimbursed the unused value of your trip and the cost of one-way transportation.

The reason you need a trip cancellation plan is that the trip interruption limits are a multiple of the insured trip cost.

Steve Dasseos

@iamtrustworthyThank you for your help explanation.  If I am understanding standing you correctly, your company does not sell an annual policy that meets my needs.  If I dealt with you, I would need to buy an individual visual policy for each of my 4 trips this year.

28 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@iamtrustworthyThank you for your help explanation.  If I am understanding standing you correctly, your company does not sell an annual policy that meets my needs.  If I dealt with you, I would need to buy an individual visual policy for each of my 4 trips this year.

Hi 0106,

I can't say if there's an annual policy that meets your needs, but I haven't found an Annual Trip Cancellation plan that is good enough for me to sell and to sleep peacefully at night.

And, if you dealt with us, yes, you'd have to get the per trip plans.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1