Seeking Specialty Dining & Show Reservations Insight

2kruzers

My dh and I have the 2 meal package and we plan to buy the same same package for our dd. Wondering if there is any advantage to buying it online vs. once on board? Just booked cruise for end of August so only very late times available for online booking. Is it better to book a time in advance knowing it will not work and change it on board or just take care of booking on board the first day? Going on Escape and definitely want to see Choir of Men and go to Supper Club so thinking I should wait for 21 days out to book shows online and then choose dining after that is in place? Finally, can specialty dining be used at Ocean Blue? Thanks in advance for the help!

ocean blue is a specialty dining restaurant; the dining package can be used there.

the pice of the dining package is usually lower online before the cruise, although they have been known to offer a "special" that is about the same price on the first two days of the cruise. as for booking reservations and then changing them, or making new reservations once onboard... that is a personal preference. it is extremely unlikely that you would not be able to book onboard upon embarkation, provided you board fairly early. but some people like to book something, anything, so at least they know they have a reservation in the bag. and while you didn't ask this... you will soon discover that you can't book online for three people. so, book a reservation for four and you'll be fine.

• Like 1