HAL Newbie questions.

Anubi

First time on HAL for us.  Does HAL have something similar to the Balcony Breakfast or Chef's Table.  As you can probably tell, we usually cruise Princess.  

46 minutes ago, Anubi said:

First time on HAL for us.  Does HAL have something similar to the Balcony Breakfast or Chef's Table.  As you can probably tell, we usually cruise Princess.  

On longer cruises HAL offers a Cellar Master dinner.  Sailing from Auckland this past spring, we had one in the Pinnacle and one in Canaletto.  The one in Pinnacle was wonderful but the one in Canaletto- not so much.  On holidays (Easter for us) they had a Brunch in the Pinnacle.  

I think it depends on your sailing and these are offered mostly on longer voyages.  We were onboard for 39 days.  

Please tell us what a "Balcony Breakfast" is and we can maybe help. Certainly you can order a full hot breakfast through no-cost room service to have a breakfast on you own balcony.

Is this more of an event on Princess ships, or just the meal itself? (Never been on a Princess cruise - but did sail the old Island Princess, after it changed hands and name.)

15 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Please tell us what a "Balcony Breakfast" is and we can maybe help. Certainly you can order a full hot breakfast through no-cost room service to have a breakfast on you own balcony.

Is this more of an event on Princess ships, or just the meal itself? (Never been on a Princess cruise - but did sail the old Island Princess, after it changed hands and name.)

Its a full breakfast that's served on your balcony.  You get a menu and you chose the entrée you want, they come and dress up the table with a table cloth, etc.  They also add a half bottle of champagne.  .   And of course, there is an extra cost.  We can just order room service, I just wondered if HAL had the same thing.  

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/ultimate-balcony-dining.html

5 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Its a full breakfast that's served on your balcony.  You get a menu and you chose the entrée you want, they come and dress up the table with a table cloth, etc.  They also add a half bottle of champagne.  .   And of course, there is an extra cost.  We can just order room service, I just wondered if HAL had the same thing.  

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/ultimate-balcony-dining.html

No, hal doesn’t have it.  I don’t find the cellar master dinner on hal to be all the similar.  I have sailed Princess several times and have done the chef table.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Thanks 1