Healthcare Worker OBC Question

Bethcb

I was able to get the HC Worker $100 credit for a cruise  thisDecember. When I tried to get the credit for 2 cruises this year in August and November, I was unable. So I called HAL and was told that I am only eligible for the credit once per year. Is this true? The representative also told me that you apply for 1 HC credit, and after you sail you apply for the next. So which one is true? I have no idea. I then asked if I could get the credits added to the August and November cruises and she said "no'.  I thought the credit was for all eligible cruises. 

Do any of you have different information?

I only have info on the educator OBC, but I'd guess it works the same. I applied for it last spring, after I had already booked two cruises for this year. For a few months, it just sat in my HAL account, but when I took a cruise in May it magically appeared on board and I could use it. It doesn't show anything in my HAL account anymore, and the system won't let me apply for it again (it just gives an error saying I already applied). I doubt another credit will magically appear for my next cruise in August, but if it happens I will be very happy!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PHXscuba said:

Where would I find info about this health care credit? We are new to HAL. My husband is a dentist and we are cruising Alaska in a a couple months.

PHXscuba

This link should take you to the page on Holland America website, or just search on their page "health care workers on board credit"   You have to answer a few questions to "get verified" and then you get a confirmation email 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/community-appreciation-cruise-offers.html?ICID=HECIZ0906222163

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topspot said:

This link should take you to the page on Holland America website, or just search on their page "health care workers on board credit"   You have to answer a few questions to "get verified" and then you get a confirmation email, then you ask them to apply it to your sailing.  

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/community-appreciation-cruise-offers.html?ICID=HECIZ0906222163