HAL not returning phone calls.

sseibert3

2 hours ago, Bxc53 said:

The forum discourages naming, but we have used one associated with a big box store that has great hot dogs 😉. They booked  our last several cruises and we had great service, easy communications and there were always additional perks.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they give you store credit in addition to whatever is for the cruise. Is that right? I was always reluctant to use them, afraid that the agents might not be very familiar with the actual info that I'm always asking. Good to know that you've found them efficient!

34 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they give you store credit in addition to whatever is for the cruise. Is that right? I was always reluctant to use them, afraid that the agents might not be very familiar with the actual info that I'm always asking. Good to know that you've found them efficient!

That would be the one... You don't deal with a 'personal'  agent only, but we have found them very knowledgeable on the cruises we booked. They are also very good with follow up questions or changes/additions once booked even though you will usually get a different agent. They obviously have a very good contact database.  

To be fair though, we do our research and always have a specific cruise in mind, vs. "We are thinking about a Med cruise in the Spring" type thing.  

Edited by Bxc53

51 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

That would be the one... You don't deal with a 'personal'  agent only, but we have found them very knowledgeable on the cruises we booked. They are also very good with follow up questions or changes/additions once booked even though you will usually get a different agent. They obviously have a very good contact database.  

To be fair though, we do our research and always have a specific cruise in mind, vs. "We are thinking about a Med cruise in the Spring" type thing.  

Thanks. I also do a lot of research, so I'm usually just looking for a combination of credit and knowledge. But here's something that many here may not know: if one is an airline employee, a retired airline employee, or a relative of one, HAL gives huge discounts on many of its cruises. Booking has to be through one of very few certain travel agencies.

So, I'll probably be using the same as you mentioned for other lines, but maybe not for HAL!