Utopia of the Seas Grand suite sizes

19 minutes ago, loman said:

The smaller ones are crown loft suites 

Nope, those are all Grand Suites. The crown lofts are up on 18 on Wonder and Utopia.

I originally had 17600 booked because I was intrigued to see if it was actually larger.  But buyer's remorse for that 2nd bathroom won over and I moved upstairs to a CL. That and watching a video on the end GS on Wonder and not liking the layout of the balcony.

But I can't wait to see the first pictures and videos of those 2 to see if they really are larger or same size but a different layout. It could be there really is a straight wall between the curved front and the side of the suite, making it exactly the same as other suites.  I doubt it but it will be interesting to see. 

1 hour ago, dino1037 said:

Apologies…I deleted text by mistake.

According to RCL the cabin sizes for Grand suite are all the same… 17200 and 17600 look bigger?

can anyone shed any light on this please?

Those two you referenced are a bit larger and odd, but there is a weird balcony that has a cove type area there on Wonder. Not sure if it will be the same on Utopia.

On Wonder I stayed in 1720, which on Utopia is 17220, and the cabin feels about the same size a GS on other O class ships, but I happen to like the layout better on Wonder, and assuming they are the same... Utopia.

• Like 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

I've heard the TV's retract from the ceiling a bit more smoothly on Utopia. 🤣

LOL. You know in 1720 that thing was horrendous. I was there on the March 5 sailing. However, I just got back from the June 18 sailing, and my friend booked 1720. (We actually played a game to see if I could hide something in March, and it would still be there in June) When I went up there to show her how loud it was, it was smooth and quiet. I was bummed out, because she would have thought it was hilarious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

LOL. You know in 1720 that thing was horrendous. I was there on the March 5 sailing. However, I just got back from the June 18 sailing, and my friend booked 1720. (We actually played a game to see if I could hide something in March, and it would still be there in June) When I went up there to show her how loud it was, it was smooth and quiet. I was bummed out, because she would have thought it was hilarious.

LOL. Seriously? It was making noise the week of June 4th. Someone on the June 11th sailing must have asked for some WD-40.

• Like 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

LOL. Seriously? It was making noise the week of June 4th. Someone on the June 11th sailing must have asked for some WD-40.

In March it did way more than make noice. It actually bounced about 10 times on the way down. I was sure we woke neighbors when we lowered it. LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

In March it did way more than make noice. It actually bounced about 10 times on the way down. I was sure we woke neighbors when we lowered it. LOL

Yep, it still had the bounce when I was there.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cruise_co said:

Nope, those are all Grand Suites. The crown lofts are up on 18 on Wonder and Utopia.

I originally had 17600 booked because I was intrigued to see if it was actually larger.  But buyer's remorse for that 2nd bathroom won over and I moved upstairs to a CL. That and watching a video on the end GS on Wonder and not liking the layout of the balcony.

But I can't wait to see the first pictures and videos of those 2 to see if they really are larger or same size but a different layout. It could be there really is a straight wall between the curved front and the side of the suite, making it exactly the same as other suites.  I doubt it but it will be interesting to see. 

Oh ,  they added a floor lol . 

I was in a crown loft on the Allure recently, and that was on the 17th floor .

Thanks for the info. 🙂

Thanks everyone…

We are doing back to back cruises but I can only really stretch to the 3 day part for Grand suite…only ever had outside balcony or once a Junior suite previously…husband will be 60… so nice surprise hopefully for him😀

It sure is a lot of cash extra from the balcony I had booked last week… extra £1400 for 3 nights!

• Like 1