Cozumel Excursion Advice

dmac73

My husband & I are going on Enchantment in April & need advice regarding excursions in Cozumel. We are looking to relax on a clean, beautiful & uncrowded beach but also want to snorkel since we heard the reefs are great. The ship offers "Deluxe Reef Snorkeling & Beach Combo" for $76 where you snorkel at Paraiso & Dzul Ha Reefs and also stop at Playa Mia Grand Beach Park. We've had a hard time finding reviews of these destinations so any observations would be appreciated. There is also just a beach escape at Passion Island or just a snorkel tour at Palancar Reef but we were hoping to combine the two activities. This will be our first time to Cozumel so we're not even sure if it's possible to go on a snorkel tour & then visit a beach on our own (we don't want to rent a car).

My wife and I, and friends, have been to Cozumel twice and we love the Catarmaran sail & snorkel. It's 20 minute boat ride, and hour of snorkeling and free margaritas and beer for the rest of the trip which is to a private stretch of beach with vollyball, open bar, kayaks, etc. We have a blast every time we go. We do love the free margaritas and after the snorkeling it's more of a party atmosphere so if that's not what you're looking for, you may want to consider something that's more focused on the relaxation aspect. Last time we went, i believe the cost was $54 per person. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have a blast.

Archived