Tendering Advice/ Grand Cayman

Does anyone have advice on how to be on (one of the first) tenders in Grand Cayman? No, we didn't book an excursion from RCCL. We are going to use Captain Marvins. We are supposed to meet at 8:00 local time for an 830 excursion. That is 9 and 930 ships time. The ship arrives at 800. Is this doable? Where should I be and at what time to be in line for a tender?

Thanks!

Oooh...I'm not sure this is a workable plan. The day we made port at Grand Cayman they didn't start giving out tender tickets until the arrival time and then there were some problems with the tenders. We had to wait quite awhile to get on a tender. The ride itself isn't long but it also takes awhile to get the tender filled up and going, then you have to walk to where you're meeting Capt. Marvin.

We went out with Sotos Cruises for a 2 hour excursion of snorkeling the Coral Gardens and then Stingray city. It was great!! I hope you can make your booking, but I don't how you can get tender tickets and get there by 8:00 am if the ship doesn't even arrive until then.

If the ship arrives one hour before you have to be there, then you want to get in line early so that you can be one of the first non-ship excursion people off the ship. Given that, I think you should be okay. Have fun, Stingray City is great!

We had no problem being the first off the ship in Grand Cayman. I think most people were still eating. I don't even recall getting a tender ticket. We went down to the tender and were on with the staff going over. We did get a tender ticket for Cozumel, but not Cayman. You might try that as well?

We are staying in a JS. Does JS qualify for an earlier tender ticket? What time do people start lining up? Is it even before the ship anchors? What time would you suggest I be in lineif the ship is due in at 8.

We are due in at 8 and that is 1 hour before my excursion LEAVES and 1/2 hour before excursion check in.

I wonder if I called captain Marvins at check in time at a local phone # if that would act as check in and then I could just be there before departure.

I was on the first tender to grand cayman last week and all you have to do is show up to the designated tender ticket area appx. 15 minutes before it starts and you should have no problem. there weren't many people waiting at all! they also weren't checking our ticket numbers... you could just go when the first tender is announced

Archived