silversea air question

Lonedaddy

How does SS air work? I am familiar with regent air.  Can you request certain airlines and how far out do they book?  If I am going from DFW to ATH(ens) do they put you up in a hotel the night before or do you arrive day of cruise?  Is there an option to arrive a couple days earlies or leave later?  

At about 270 before sailing date, you can contact Silversky (Silversea's air dept/agency) and ask for your desired flights.  You must do this through your TA or SS cruise consultant. They may or may not have the flights available under their air contracts with the suppliers, but you can ask and many times it works out.  I seldom request a specific itinerary or airline, but I've been generally satisfied with what they assign, and if I don't, I just go back and ask them to see what else they can do.

If a pre- or post-night is not included in your voyage (check the voyage itinerary), you can certainly ask to come in earlier and there will be a $150 deviation fee for changing the flight - otherwise, they will book you to arrive the day of sailing.  If Silversea arranges the pre- hotel, there will be no deviation fee and you will retain your included transfers to the airport.  The same is true if you stay later and they book the hotel.

Be sure to compare the price of the SS hotel - sometimes it is a good deal and sometimes it's more economical to make your own arrangements, even it you pay the deviation fee and transfers.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

At about 270 before sailing date, you can contact Silversky (Silversea's air dept/agency) and ask for your desired flights.  You must do this through your TA or SS cruise consultant.

Last week I contacted my Silversea Consultant at the 270 day mark with 2 flight itineraries to present to the Silversky Air Team for an upcoming cruise that starts in Cape Town in March 2024.  He told me Silversky will not work on flight schedules until around 250 days before the sail date.  Not sure if pushing it out 3 more weeks was just for us or if this is now standard practice for all.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

If a pre- or post-night is not included in your voyage (check the voyage itinerary), you can certainly ask to come in earlier and there will be a $150 deviation fee for changing the flight - otherwise, they will book you to arrive the day of sailing.  If Silversea arranges the pre- hotel, there will be no deviation fee and you will retain your included transfers to the airport.

Unless you choose to go in 4 nights early instead of their maximum three.  Then you're on your own to sort the booking for the 1st night at the hotel and they'll still hit you for the $150 deviation fee.  We have no direct post-cruise experience, but I'd imagine there are similar limitations on that end as well.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Last week I contacted my Silversea Consultant at the 270 day mark with 2 flight itineraries to present to the Silversky Air Team for an upcoming cruise that starts in Cape Town in March 2024.  He told me Silversky will not work on flight schedules until around 250 days before the sail date.  Not sure if pushing it out 3 more weeks was just for us or if this is now standard practice for all.

That 250 day mark seems about when they reserved our flights as well.