Dale

HI to Everyone,

Just found out about cruise critic and meet & mingle from our friends Hank & Kay. My husband, Don and I are sailing with them on the Jewel of the Seas Aug 30 to the Baltic with 2 other couples. We live in Homer Glen, IL most of the time. This will be our 4th Royal Caribbean Cruise. Our son tried to get us going on cruises back in 1996 when he worked on Radiance of the Seas Ship - did we listen no. And of course I am very new at way of correspondance - help.

Have been in Fl and just got back and Hank has made me Excursions director for St Petersburg - lucky me - again help! Also looking for a way to get to ship from London. Don and I will be in London a few days before our sailing date. Guess I am just loaded with questions. Thanks for any help.

Dale

Hello to a fellow Illinois-er (or is that Illinois-ite?)!

Well, to help you with the boards, because that was one of your questions:

The best place to get answers about excursions is on the Ports of Call section. Also, the best way to get a response there is to be specific in your title on what you're question is.... or you may find your answer from someone else's posts as well. Not sure about getting from the airport to the pier-- that may get answered here as well as the ports board.

Good luck and congrats on your upcoming cruise!

HI to Everyone,

Just found out about cruise critic and meet & mingle from our friends Hank & Kay. My husband, Don and I are sailing with them on the Jewel of the Seas Aug 30 to the Baltic with 2 other couples. We live in Homer Glen, IL most of the time. This will be our 4th Royal Caribbean Cruise. Our son tried to get us going on cruises back in 1996 when he worked on Radiance of the Seas Ship - did we listen no. And of course I am very new at way of correspondance - help.

Have been in Fl and just got back and Hank has made me Excursions director for St Petersburg - lucky me - again help! Also looking for a way to get to ship from London. Don and I will be in London a few days before our sailing date. Guess I am just loaded with questions. Thanks for any help.

Dale

Hi Dale. Welcome aboard. I may be able to help with the London transport. If you are booked in a Junior Suite or higher, RCI will offer to transport you from London to Southampton. For all other passengers, I would recommend the train service. If money's not too much of a problem, ask your hotel to recommend a taxi company and get a price before booking. Have a ball!

Alan

I can not help you with your questions but if you look at he roll call board you will find a bunch of people that have been chatting for a while about this cruise. Just scroll down to roll call select you ship and look for the date of your cruise in the headline. It looks like you will be traveling with some fun people. They probably have already addressed your issues or would be willing to revisit them.

Have a great time and welcome to a really fun board. Don't forget to post a review when you get back...it is how those of us who have to wait til November for their cruise!!!

Archived