Cruise execs: Crime concerns overblown

JTJ

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060315/BUSINESS/603150392/1003

"Royal Caribbean International President Adam Goldstein said the industry has been giving travel agents "talking points" to emphasize ship security, if customers ask about the Smith case and other safety matters."

"It's at least 10 times safer on a ship than on land," said Andy Stuart, chairman of the Cruise Lines International Association, a group that represents the cruise lines. "

Interesting, I don't agree with a blanket "10 times safer" comment that depends where on land you are comparing. It's like the old saying your more likely to get struck by lightening than bitten by a shark. Maybe so if you don't swim in the ocean.

I agree with the cruise line execs on most of their comments made in that article.

First I do feel safe on a ship. Much safer than I do here on land and yes I do think that the media has blown this whole mess out of proportion but that is what they get paid to do. Sensationalism at it's best.

Archived