How often do they change the shows on board?

mackfam

We will be on the Meraviglia for the third time in a year this November. Just wondering if there’s any chance the shows will be different this time seeing as it will be 12 months since our first time on her? 

Oh well, maybe a different cast will be enough of a difference. Found the male lead singers were weak on our last cruise while the female singers were excellent. 

14 hours ago, mackfam said:

Oh well, maybe a different cast will be enough of a difference. Found the male lead singers were weak on our last cruise while the female singers were excellent. 

Do you mean the main shows, or the ones in the Carousel Theater? The main shows seem to rotate every few months, with the regular return of the popular shows, like Michael Jackson Thriller.  For the Carousel, I'm not sure if they rotate them, but it would be nice since they have other shows on this class ship overseas.  With the loss of Cirque de Soleil, it's hard to tell since these shows are relatively new (just this year, I think).

How would you notice they mostly have  the same feel anyway.

Change the tracks for the galleria party nights would give better variety.

Quality guest acts to match the passenger mix might help.

Same on all lines, to get variety mix cruise lines.

With going to all electronic backgrounds and set designs not needing dry dock to change out sets and cutting a hole in the side of the ship. The issue probably today is the cost of producing a new show, getting the rights, and producing it for a ships theater/stage. Cast training would be longer on initial cast than just a replacement cast.

Heck isn't NCL getting rid of all their big Broadway productions? So cost cutting would mean no new shows for awhile I would guess. 

On 7/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, mackfam said:

Just wondering if there’s any chance the shows will be different this time seeing as it will be 12 months since our first time on her? 

Most other cruise lines do not swap out shows onboard their various ships for years and that's because it takes a lot of resources, such as creative development and new set piece construction, which incurs a large logistical cost, among other things. While MSC's theatre shows don't seem to require as many set pieces as those on their competitors, I still think they follow the same formula of not swapping out shows for long periods of time. So I personally expect the Meraviglia's shows to be on there for a while -- like, if MSC's entertainment budgets stay still, then they could even be there for close to a decade, which is not unlike what I've seen with Princess or Carnival, from my experience.