JFK to Pier, I'm a nervous wreck!

swd269

I'm flying into JFK at 12:25 6/15 to get on the Victory CTN. My friend who's meeting me for the cruise suggested that I take a bus into Manhattan and then a cab to the pier to save $. I'm not so concerned about $ as I am getting there as quickly and easily as possible. I planned on taking a cab but have been reading that it can be a nightmare getting dropped off at the pier. I also have to meet my friend at the pier as I have the documents.

Is there anyone with experience that can give me suggestions as to the best way to handle this?

Thank You

Susan

Victory CTN CAN'T WAIT!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess here we come!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If money is not an object, just take a cab the entire way.

From the T&LC Website

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Flat Fare from John F. Kennedy Airport

The Taxi & Limousine Commission is conducting a "Flat Fare" program for trips from John F. Kennedy International Airport to Manhattan.

The flat fare is $45.00 plus any tolls. The meter will not be turned on and the night surcharge will not be added.

If passengers request multiple stops, the flat rate of $45.00 will be collected at the first stop in Manhattan, and the meter will be turned on for the remainder of the trip. The metered fare should be collected at the last stop, from the last passenger.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carival Legend Oct-2003

Carnival Valor 4/17/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Coming in at that time, I suggest the taxi. I flew into LGA, not JFK, on a Saturday morning for my Canada/NE cruise. We left LGA at 9:15 am, on transfers arranged by Carnival (which was a 15 passenger van), and arrived at the pier 2-1/2 hours later.

We did stop twice to load and unload passengers, which took only a minimal amount of time. We thought the traffice was horrendous, but the driver indicated that traffic really wasn't that bad and that it would be worse as the day progressed.

I'm not sure, but I think LGA is closer to the pier than JFK. The $45 flat fee mentioned in the previous post is really not a bad deal and if you could find another rider to share, it would really be even more inviting.

We were not dropped off at the front door of the pier either. We were dropped off at the upper end and had to take care of our own luggage until we got close to the Carnival berth, where the porters then took it.

If I had to do it over again, I would go with the cab. No doubt about it!

Hope this helps.

Facation Fanatic

Fantasy - 6/02 Bahamas

Fantasy - 12/02 Bahamas

Victory - 9/03 NE/Canada

Sovereign of the Seas - 1/04 Bahamas

Sovereign of the Seas - 4/04 Bahamas Daughter's Birthday Cruise

Carnival Glory to the Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

...Plus, the cab will try to circumvent traffic cross town. Go with the cab.

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legend 5/13/05 NY to E. Caribbean

Miracle 7/10/04 NY to Bahamas and Port Canaveral

Disney Wonder 3/04/04

Pride 7/16/03 Bermuda

Legend 10/17/02 CTN

Disney Wonder 9/15/02

Destiny 4/29/01 Southern Caribbean

Victory 9/14/00 Canadian Maritimes

Triumph 9/99 Canadian Maritimes

Jubilee 4/98 Trans Pacific/Hawaii

Imagination 4/97 Western Caribbean

Imagination 4/96 Western Caribbean

Fascination 4/95 Southern Caribbean

Ecstasy 4/18/93 Eastern Caribbean

Fantasy 9/25/90 Bahamas

Jubilee 5/13/90 Mexican Riviera

NCL Seaward 1/15/89 Western Caribbean

Jubilee 4/24/88 Eastern Caribbean HONEYMOON

You should make it with ease. The Victory is the only cruise ship in port that day ( Pier 88, Berth 2.) By all means, take the cab. If you get stuck in traffic, you can always get the driver to let you off across the street at the signal and just roll you bags right up to the terminal. I don't think there will be a big snafu when you get there because all the disembarking passengers will will gone. Now if it was 11:00am, then there would be a traffic tie-up with taxi's picking up and dropping up but you will miss all that. Enjoy your cruise.

Don't really worry. Being that it is mid-day on a weekday, you should be ok. Make sure you take a taxi. The Van Wyck expressway is usually bad heading TOWARDS JFK at any time. Being it is not rush hour, you will be fine. Don't know what your flight time is on the way back, but hopefully you gave yourself enough time.

Enjoy your cruise,

C

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

7/18 Carnival Pride

You may wanna ask your travel agent or contact Carnival to see about a bus. They may have something from LaGuardia or JFK.

Take care,

C

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

7/18 Carnival Pride

Archived