Getaway AFT cabin smoke or fuel smell?

Good afternoon friends! I’m hoping there are a few of you that have recently been on the Getaway in an aft room. I read some complaints a few months back about strong fumes/smells making the aft balconies miserable. Can anyone share a recent experience? I’m getting nervous about my upcoming aft! 

jessica 

22 minutes ago, jessicasquared said:

Good afternoon friends! I’m hoping there are a few of you that have recently been on the Getaway in an aft room. I read some complaints a few months back about strong fumes/smells making the aft balconies miserable. Can anyone share a recent experience? I’m getting nervous about my upcoming aft! 

jessica 

I suppose mine might have been one of those you saw months ago. I cruised in 13902 in Sept. and in Dec./Jan. Both times we experienced some smoke. It did make the balcony almost unusable for short periods of time. We still had plenty of time to hang out and enjoy blissfully clean ocean air. I'd say 80% of the time, on both cruises, we were able to be outside on the balcony. Only a few times did we return the inside due to smoke. 

Have a stunning time! You're going to love it, smoke or not. 

18 minutes ago, Dorhead1230 said:

We had aft-facing balcony 13304 on Getaway in February and no problems at all. Enjoy your cruise!

Maybe the ones up higher?  Like deck 14 ? We move from AFP  deck  14 to FWP.   Just because the smoke problem