past guest party...

MamaParrotHead

are the invitations for past guest along with THEIR guest? There will be 4 of us cruising this time, 3 of us have cruised Carnival prior, the other one has not. It's not like we can ditch him and head to the reception, LOL. :D Just curious.

I believe if the non past passenger is in your cabin, you can take him.

Good Question, On our last cruise in Jan 06 I was invited because I cruised with CCL before but it was my wifes first cruise and the invitation was only for me so I did not go. As you said you can not just ditch them and go to a party.. More so if it is your wife!!;)

If it's a spouse of a past guest, I don't think that's a problem. If it's a friend, I wouldn't bring him/her because if everyone brought a friend then there would be as many friends as past guests!

You still have your's? They took ours, this was '04 on the Destiny, for the drawings.

Yes I still have mine along with the Pin they give you. Maybe I still have it becasue I did not go like I said we were under the impression my wife was not invited :confused: so I kept it and put it in our scrapbook:)

Every time that I have gone, they took the invitation from me and never looked to see what names or how many names were on it.

Well NUTS:mad: We should have gone but we will be going on our next trip in October. Sounds like you have gone to the party, How was it?

Last cruise SIL had her DH who hadn't cruised before and she went to the Purser's desk and he could go. I don't remember if she needed another invite or what. They really don't check the name on the invite.

Another question though, does anyone know if we have a past guest party on the 4 nt cruise?

Last cruise SIL had her DH who hadn't cruised before and she went to the Purser's desk and he could go. I don't remember if she needed another invite or what. They really don't check the name on the invite.

Another question though, does anyone know if we have a past guest party on the 4 nt cruise?

Website says 5 day cruises or longer, but haven't done a shorter one yet, so not 100% on that.

I say if it's your spouse or cabin mate, it's probably fine. Just NOT if you are saying with a bunch of other people!! We were past guests, our friends (another couple) were not. We told them, "Catch up with you later, we have a party to go to!" I didn't even entertain the thought of having them come along! The next cruise that they were on with us...they had an invitation and I don't even think that they went!! :confused:

I think that they are really fun! Can't beat free drinks either!

I believe I've read elsewhere on these forums that you CAN bring your cabin mate, but it would be best to contact the purser's desk as soon as you get your invite & inform them in advance of your request. They'll probably ask that you come down to the desk & pick up an invite for your cabin mate.

Last year on the Glory we got our past cruisers invites for the party before the early dinner seating (we were the late dinner seating). We called the pursers desk & they asked us to come down with our incorrect invites & they swapped them out for new ones with the correct time on them.

Sha

The website says 5 day or longer, but I have been on a 4-nighter where they had the party.

And I go to them on every cruise! For me, free drinks ARE fun! I even went without DH on the last one -- left him in the cabin sleeping off Playa del Carmen!

Every time that I have gone, they took the invitation from me and never looked to see what names or how many names were on it.

They don't check how many names because there is only one name per invitation. They also don't check whose names are on it, just that there is one invite per person, so I suppose if you didn't want to go, but someone you were cruising with did want to go (for the free drinks!), you could give them your invites & no one would know. It would only get a little embarrassing if the person who didn't go had their name drawn for a door prize! :o oops!

Sha

I have been on 3,4,6, and 7 day cruises. Only had past guest parties on the 6 and 7 day. Last week my wife and I each got our own invite. It did not say "and guest" because if it did, she was going to bring her dad. There seemed to be more people at the past guest party this time then what showed up for the captains welcome aboard party.

Archived