Just Off The Radiance Yesterday - My Thoughts

pppiglet

39 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

The fight in the dining room was a new one for me.

Is this the fight maybe 6 weeks ago or so? I can't find a video of it online.

I have a cruise booked for February 2025 on Panorama so I hope what you heard was typical crew scuttlebutt. 

57 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

Is this the fight maybe 6 weeks ago or so? I can't find a video of it online.

I have a cruise booked for February 2025 on Panorama so I hope what you heard was typical crew scuttlebutt. 

Negative. On Radiance last week.

*Apologies if my post was muddled.

9 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

I understood you sailed last week but the mention of the fight didn't read as though it happened on your cruise. Details?

Two guys from same family group got in a fight at dinner service. Family screaming etc etc. Taken away by security. Not sure if they were booted at Esenada or banned.

Crew was pretty hush hush about it.

* I edited this post because I don't want to hijack OP's post on her cruise. Despite the brewhaha, we had a great time.

Edited by pc_load_letter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Two guys from same family group got in a fight at dinner service. Pretty big haymakers being thrown, family screaming etc etc. Taken away by security. Not sure if they were booted at Esenada or banned.

Crew was pretty hush hush about it.

Thanks for this. I have sailed Radiance from Long Beach 4 times and have 5 more booked and 2 on Carnival Firenze. I haven't seen or heard of fighting on my sailings. It has mostly been a greater LA crowd on my cruises, as to be expected. I guess I have been lucky. Thanks again and welcome back.

5 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

john91498,

How did Carnival inform you the ship was above capacity?  Was it an announcement over the loud speaker, a notice in the cabin?  I'm taking a trip on her this September and just wondering how I will know the guest count.  I do not want to wait in line for one or two hours to get off the ship or get back on.

We were informed about the capacity when we were checking in at the dock. They were telling every group as they were checking in. 

Regarding the tenders, I read that they did away with the night before handing out for tickets. So, the process should be better. 

6 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Was on Radiance the week before you. We prefer Radiance over Panorama. We had great food at Shaqs and pizza was good and quick to come out.

The only negatives we had was the group with the wireless speaker in the aft pool area playing hardcore rap. I informed the pool attendant. He called someone who instructed them to turn it off. They did, but later when someone in their group asked what happened to the music....she said "that white b**** complained" lol. We got a chuckle out of that.

It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows though. The fight in the dining room was a new one for me.

All in all, we love Radiance and will be on it again soon. Can't wait for Firenze to arrive next year.

*Question...a waiter told us that Panorama was going to leave to asia when Firenze arrives. Anyone hear that?

Panorama is going to Singapore for a dry dock the end of August 2024 but will be back in October. She will be carrying passengers on trans Pacific cruises over and back. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see everyone loved the Radiance. We sailed on her and said we'd never do it again. Never say never, we are booked on her again this Oct. to surprise our grandson. 

We love the Panorama, our favorite ship We we on the inaugural 3 and 7 day. Then 2 other times, (the last was in a Havana Cabana, amazing) We are booked again in February. I would love to hear what you did not like about her.