GALVESTON, TX-EZCruiseParking-7 Days-$35.00

MrNobody

Ok, we used EZ cruise, and they were great. They erased all my worries about them when I pulled up - they have a huge iron fence surrounding the lot, not an easily climbable chainlink fence, all the people were very nice, and they shuttled us to the boat in no time. When the boat unloaded yesterday, there was a slight delay in getting their shuttles to us due to all the traffic, but that was really just a traffic problem, so I don't hold them responsible. I'd recommend them for parking - you can't beat the price, and the service was a nice added extra. (I'll have a full review of my cruise, as well as pictures, very soon!)

EZ Cruise is great. We pulled into the lot last Thursday (June 10) about 10:45. The van was at the ship then but was back soon. We were on the dock in the security line by 11:00.

Upon arrival yesterday we only had to wait about 15 minutes. We were one of the last groups to leave the ship and were apparently the last EZ Cruise customers for the day so the ground crew at the dock got on the shuttle with us. One of these was Cindy, the owner. She is very nice. Her older son was driving the van and her two young sons (about nine) were helping on the dock, as was Cindy's brother. The business is a family affair. They are working hard to get started and they are doing a fine job! We were very pleased, as were others in our group who parked there.

By the way, Dolphin parking is trying to rip them off by having signs that say

"Dolphin- EZ Cruise Parking." Dolphin is also stealing road signs that belong to EZ Cruise Parking.

I highly recommend this parking lot. As you come down Harborside Drive for the cruise ship, don't get tempted to turn in at other lots along the way. When you are only a block or so from the ship, turn right on 28th street then left at the next street. You'll see their entrance on the right. Another advantage is that EZ Cruise Parking is only a couple of blocks from the ship, making their shuttle trips much quicker. During peak times, like when there are two ships sailing that day, they run several vans and a bus.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Another way to tell that you are indeed at the right place is that just North of their lot (between it and the ships) is the parked old trains from the galveston Railroad museum.

Bill D

RCCL Song of Norway 7/79?

CCL ? 12/84

RCCL Viking Serenade 7/01

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 12/01

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 5/02

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 7/02

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 12/02

Princess Grand Princess 6/03

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 12/03

RCCL Vision of the Seas 3/04

RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 5/30/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;20;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Empress of the Seas 12/20/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;3;21;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600  Celebrity Galaxy Panama Canal 3/21/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;6;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800  Vision of the Seas Alaska 6/10/2005

Well, since everyone here has spoken so highly of them, I have made reservations at EZ Cruise Parking for my Elation cruise next Sunday.

Also, since I was going to spend the money anyway by parking in the Port Authority lot, I am going to use the money I saved and let them detail my truck. So, instead of coming back to a dirty, dusty vehicle, hopefully, mine will be spotlessly clean.

Mike Childs

Celebration 02/23/04

Elation 06/20/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until honeymoon cruise on Elation

Mike, I was going to get my truck done, too, but it looked like rain and I didn't want to get our luggage wet in the back of the truck, so we took my bride's car. I sure wasn't going to spend good money getting hercar detailed! icon_wink.gif

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Ken-

As much as it has been raining, I hope I am not wasting my money. However, the truck needs a good wash and wax, and I will make sure to tell them I want it to look spotless on the 27th when I get back (unless it happens to be raining that morning).

Mike Childs

Celebration 02/23/04

Elation 06/20/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until honeymoon cruise on Elation

We used them for our 5/30 cruise on the Rhapsody. They were great. We got there about 10:45. They packed the luggage and us up in a van (they have vans, SUV and such) and took us to the pier. Dropped us off - made sure we had a porter.

When we got back they were real easy to spot. We had to wait about 5 minutes for the next vehicle. They loaded us back up and we were to the car in no time.

The area is fenced and secured.

We paid for ours in advance through the website. Liked the fact that is was only $35.00 - well worth it. I did tip - but I would have done that no matter who I used - so it was a bargain.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****

Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy

12/01 Inspiration

03/02 Inspiration

03/03 Conquest

05/04 Rhapsody

Hey guys, Rickyf5 posted this over on the "money saving" forum so I thought I'd share it here. Due to what he posted, I just went and reserved and paid for our parking at EZCruise for our Aug 1 Elation trip. Thanks Rickyf5 for the heads-up.

Quote:"For those leaving out of Galveston my brother just came back and parked at EZCruise (www.ezcruiseparking.com)it was still $35 (7-days) and had his car detailed($80) by them.He said it was awesome and someone left their windows down so they covered them with plastic and a car cover. He also heard that The Port is going to start a surcharge of $10-$15 to all vehicles and shuttle services entering The Port. He said that the owner(EZCruise) said if you booked in advance she would honor the price and not add the surcharge. The Galveston paper said that "Dolphin Discount Parking" and "The Port of Galveston" would go up to $70 or $75 for a 7-day cruise. EZCuise would go up to $45. We had to wait about 15 min's to get picked up at The Port and my brother said he waited about 15-20 min's but they gave bottled water and service was good. Hope this helps those who are going to go from Galveston. Paying for parking is ridiculous. Have a great time on the high seas." end quote & end of his post

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

• 3 weeks later...

Our friends just got off the Elation last Sunday and were very displeased with EZ Cruise Parking. I recommended it based on what I have read on CC but they did not like it. They were short handed and had to wait a long time for the shuttle, and said it was very disorganized with the owners threatening to fire the drivers if they didn't hurry up. Our friends said they would never use them again. We have booked them for our next cruise so I will be most anxious to hear from others who have used them recently. Please post if you have used this parking lot recently.

We also had an unpleasant experience with EZ Cruise when leaving the Elation last Sunday. They were VERY disorganized. Drivers and dock crew stood there and argued endlessly over how many people were told to get on the next van (12 people + luggage attempting to get in an 8 passenger van) and whose "method" was better for loading passengers. All this while passengers stood in the sun waiting to see who actually got on the van. Good thing I was still under the influence of cruising at that moment otherwise I might have lost my cool....

Archived