Weather..when is it usually the nicest?

lookingahead

Hello to all!

I'm beginning to plan a cruise to the Mexican Riviera for my family. I know there is no concrete way to know for sure, however, can any of you give me some times of year when the weather is usually pretty nice? I'm thinking about booking on the Dawn Princess out of San Francisco.

Thanks for your help!

You can check weather.com for the averages of any city. My daughter and son-in-law lived in baja for a year. The summers where horrible, very hot, very humid. Hurricane season is in the fall, but they are rare. It is also their rainiest time. Winter can be cool in the evenings, but in the 70's daytime. The spring is the nicest, no humidity. I went in April one year and thought it was nice, May would have been a little warmer, if your looking for hotter weather. Hope this helps.

Hello to all!

I'm beginning to plan a cruise to the Mexican Riviera for my family. I know there is no concrete way to know for sure, however, can any of you give me some times of year when the weather is usually pretty nice? I'm thinking about booking on the Dawn Princess out of San Francisco.

Thanks for your help!

I am a big fan of the last week in October thru the month of November. The rainy season is done, the hurricane season is done, the oppressive heat and humidity is done and many of the restaurants that close for the dog days of summer have re-opened. It is the leading edge of the tourist season so the crowds are still low and the ports are less crowded.

It will likely be chilly aboard ship the first and last two days. It will be fantastic weather as you approach Cabo and travel to points south.

Enjoy!

If you don't like heat, avoid the summer months. We went in June and it was bearable. I wouldn't even consider going July-Sept. Yuck. We were in Ensendada for one day in January on our way back from Hawaii and it was very nice weather. As you can see, we are booked for the first week of January. My parents have cruised Mexico around the same time and really liked it.

Regardless, your sailing down the coast of CA will be chilly until you get about a day past San Diego. Even in June, it was down right cold on the way back for our last two sea days, and you can expect the same all the way up to SF.

You can check weather.com for the averages of any city. My daughter and son-in-law lived in baja for a year. The summers where horrible, very hot, very humid. Hurricane season is in the fall, but they are rare. It is also their rainiest time. Winter can be cool in the evenings, but in the 70's daytime. The spring is the nicest, no humidity. I went in April one year and thought it was nice, May would have been a little warmer, if your looking for hotter weather. Hope this helps.

April does seem like a nice time. There is a Cruise Critic Member cruise on 4/1/07 from San Francisco aboard the Dawn Princess.

On a separate note, I noticed you are from Woodland, CA. My wife and I also live in Woodland...small world!

Wow! I've always said that - now I know it! We are moving to Redding, hopefully soon - the house is up for sale. Want to be near the kids and -grandkids someday soon we hope. We'll miss being so close to the airport for cruises!

I am a big fan of the last week in October thru the month of November. The rainy season is done, the hurricane season is done, the oppressive heat and humidity is done and many of the restaurants that close for the dog days of summer have re-opened. It is the leading edge of the tourist season so the crowds are still low and the ports are less crowded.

It will likely be chilly aboard ship the first and last two days. It will be fantastic weather as you approach Cabo and travel to points south.

Enjoy!

It just so happens that my cruise is the last full week of October; so it sounds like I'll have pretty good weather. Would you recommend I take a light (synthetic fleece) jacket along?

Our first two and last day are sea days; first port is Acapulco & last is Cabo before heading back to San Diego.

• 2 weeks later...

I have traveled to Mexico in the months of July, Feb, March and May.

July ( PV) was extremely hot and humid, May (Mazatlan) was hot, and

I think my favorite was March 2001 in P.V. Wonderfully warm days but not too hot (Feb is good too). I love Mexico so I'll go whenever I can !!!

Archived