Thinking about booking Dawn Princess...

lookingahead

This would be only my second cruise. Went on a different cruise line for the first one. However, I'm beginning to plan a cruise to the Mexican Riviera, and like the itinerary from San Francisco on the Dawn Princess.

Can anyone give me their thoughts if you've been on this cruise? I'd very much appreciate it.

I did the cruise last October and LOVED it. Very relaxing - absolutely my all time favorite cruise. I love Sea Days and there were plenty of those. There were also plenty of porpoises leaping about, martinis before dinner, laps around the deck and trivia games. A truly enjoyable vacation.

Living in the Bay Area - I really liked the convenience of leaving from SF.

Hope this helps

Cori

Just got off a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Dawn Princess last Friday. It was our second time on the Dawn and still loving it. Cannot say enough good things about it. In fact, we are seriously considering another cruise on her early next year, love the convenience of boarding in San Francisco since we live in N. CA and daughter lives just 45 miles north of San Francisco in Petaluma,CA. So we catch the Airport Express out of Petaluma and they take us directly to the pier, don't see our luggage from the time we board the bus till it's in the cabin, which by the way, luggage was in our cabin when we boarded ship this last time. Also, really like the size of the Dawn, not too large, not too small. We registered for a future cruise while on board this time. Wonderful idea, only $100 each deposit, you have 4 years to decide which Princess cruise you want to do and $100 per person ship board credit. Hope this helps.......if you need any more info, please don't hesitate to let me know.

DH and I are booked on the 1/25/07 11-night voyage of the Dawn out of San Francisco. We did a 7-night Mexican Riviera out of Long Beach on the Star several years. Our last four cruises (all Princess) have been in the Caribbean, and we felt it was time for a different itinerary. We also haven't visited SF for about 25 years and look forward to a day there prior to sailing.

We haven't been on the Dawn, but we have heard only great things about this ship, and we know that we are going to love every minute of it.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

This would be only my second cruise. Went on a different cruise line for the first one. However, I'm beginning to plan a cruise to the Mexican Riviera, and like the itinerary from San Francisco on the Dawn Princess.

Can anyone give me their thoughts if you've been on this cruise? I'd very much appreciate it.

We did this cruise on October 1st, 2005 and loved it!!

We wrote a review (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=244002) detailing our thoughts.

We also have a number of pictures accessible via the link in our signature.

We highly recommend this ship!

Dawn Princess, a Sun class ship, is a great size in which to cruise. This class of ship changed the cruise industry in the mid '90s, now 'small,' the Sun and the Dawn were the largest cruise ships at sea. Princess does a great job of maintaining their fleet. The M.R. is a good place to cruise in, just practice saying 'No' for when you go ashore. john

Lookingahead,

We have not been on this specific cruise, but we have done the seven day Mexico cruise out of Los Angeles twice which has some of the same ports. You didn’t say when you are planning to go, but the itinerary changes next Fall, adding two Mexican ports and deleting San Diego and Catalina and adding a sea day. I’d prefer the new itinerary.

Also, we have cruised on all three Sun Class ships and we love them, especially the Dawn Princess. We have also cruised on the larger ships and we would choose the Dawn over them if the itinerary is right. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in this cruise.

Jim

We were on the Dawn Princess last June doing the southbound Alaska route. I loved this ship. While we didn't get in the pools or even the hot tubs these were very nice areas. Dining rooms were nice and not as much noise as the bigger ships.

You won't go wrong with the Dawn Princess. It's a very nice ship. We sailed on her 3 times, most recently in Feb. '05. We just came back from a Mexican Riviera cruise on another line. Mexico is a great place to cruise to.

Archived