Romantic Proposal Ideas

IrishEyes2

Irisheyes: There isn't any chance of the girlfriend reading these posts I hope. It would really spoil the suprise if she happens to find all these great ideas. Does he definitely want to propose on the ship or in one of the ports? If he's open to doing it off the ship that opens up a whole new host of possibilities. One of the most romantic locals for me is on Bermuda. There is a cathedral ruin in St. George that I want to use for our vowel renewal,20 years and counting. Joan

Arrange with the dining room staff to sing "Hoppy Honeymoon Two Shoes". After the song have the Matre D' "scold" the staff saying it's not their honeymoon. The waiter can then say "Well, maybe we can sing to them on their next cruise." at the same time he can pull the plate with cake away and place one with the ring in front of her and your son can propose.

Of course have somoene with a camera and a video camera waiting to capture the moment.

No longer a Newbie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

since my first cruise with The TRIUMPH'S CRUISIN KRAZY CARIBE CREW

Shouldn't it be more private and personal vs. in front of everyone? I mean this is not the "Bachelor" or "Bachelorette". What if she says no? Advise him to do it before they go, that way the whole trip is a celebration.

I love these ideas and I've shown them to my son...he thinks their great too. Not sure which one he's going to do yet, or if he plans to be original.

They've been dating for 4 years so he's pretty confident she's going to say "yes."

Keep them coming.....I'm still laughing about the Hoppy Honeymoon bit!

I was at a table where the guy proposed to his girlfriend. He arranged with the matri de to bring over a "complimentary" bottle of champagne for the table, he announced to the table that he had a toast, he got down on one knee and proposed. It was very sweet and I got free champagne.

5/03-Conquest 02/05 Spirit

4/00-Celebration 2/01-Elation

1/00-Fascination

3/99-Imagination

5/98-Elation 2/97-Jubilee

4/96-Jubilee 5/94-Jubilee

Another idea . . .??? Maybe at the Captain's Reception, arrange with the Cruise Director for the Captain to make some special "announcement/proclaimation", have the Captain get all choked up and turn over the card with the announcement to your son to read(while he and the girlfriend are in the receiving line right in front of the Captain). The special announcement could be his marriage proposal where he gets down on one knee in front of the girlfriend. The video crew would be there capturing it, and it may not be quite as "public" as up on stage. Maybe arrange to see if the Captain could be standing in front of some of the "arches with flowers" they use for some of the on-board weddings? The champagne would already be open and flowing, AND your son and his girlfriend could keep the special announcement as a souvenir (maybe get the Cruise Director to congratulate them in the next day's cruise newsletter?).

Lord, I was born a ramblin man . . .

I think the most romantic spot would be at night out on the very front of the ship... It is very windy, and there are so many stars... but it looks like the world goes on forever and makes you feel very little, and that you should cling to the one you love.

Sarah

Sensation 12/16/2000(w.carib)

Victory Easter 2001 (w.carib)

Inspiration Jan 2003(w.carib)

Fascination 2/23/04 (w.carib)

Paradise 9/5/04 (panama canal) 9/5 Panama Adventure

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

sniff...sniff...I'm getting all choked up! I can only imagine her surprise. Of course my daughter's now DH surprised her with a trip to Maui and she was sure he would propose...I got a few rather disappointed calls during the week 'cause he hadn't popped the question...nope, he waited til they were in line at the airport to go home then went to one knee and took her completly by surprise...

My fiance proposed on the destiny on March 1, it was the first formal night, it wasnt a very traditional proposal, lol, he had the ring loose in his pocket, we were in line for the first picture and right as we were about to step into the area to take the picture, he was standing really close and took the ring out of his pocket and just slipped it right on my finger and said "I thought you would like this for your formal pictures" and I said "you know, thats not nice, now your gonna have to marry me" and he said "yeah, I guess I will have to marry you" lol... it was cute.. certainly not traditional, lol, but it definately worked, lol. And I had a huge huge smile in all my pictures.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IrishEyes2:

My son wants to propose to his girlfriend on our cruise and asked me for suggestions on how and where to do it that would make the best impact on the ship. I told him I'd get back to him soon....HELP, any ideas? We're on the Paradise.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

E-Mail: legalcat@adelphia.net

Cruise No. 8:

September 25, 2004 - Carnival Glory (Family Cruise)

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=9>

<param name="day" value=25>

<param name="hour" value=12>

</applet>

I highly recommend the rose petals, I just did a search on google and found lots of sources, if he does get them, he wants freeze dried ones, they travel VERY easily and they are allowed on the ship, I bought them for our last cruise when we got engaged, I didnt know we were getting engaged but I wanted to do some thing really romantic.. turned out to be my engagement celebration <g>

I also agree that it can be risky if she might say no, my boyfriend and I have been together for over 8 yrs and he knew for a fact that I wasnt going to say no so he had no worries.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ari & Jacqui:

How about finding a way to get her out of the room for some reason, i.e. a "scavenger" hunt that leads her around the boat, but finishes in the cabin. While she's looking for clues, your son can decorate the cabin with rose petals (can be bought pre-packaged ahead of time) and put up the clear christmas lights (since we all know that there are no candles allowed!) for ambience. When she gets back to the cabin for her "prize" he can be there on bended knee, with a flower and the ring, or a banner asking her for her hand, or even a cake with "will you marry me" written on it in icing.

Hope she says yes!!!

Miracle 6/26!!

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cruise No. 8:

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

</applet>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yellowjacket1:

Another idea . . .??? Maybe at the Captain's Reception, arrange with the Cruise Director for the Captain to make some special "announcement/proclaimation", have the Captain get all choked up and turn over the card with the announcement to your son to read(while he and the girlfriend are in the receiving line right in front of the Captain). The special announcement could be his marriage proposal where he gets down on one knee in front of the girlfriend. The video crew would be there capturing it, and it may not be quite as "public" as up on stage. Maybe arrange to see if the Captain could be standing in front of some of the "arches with flowers" they use for some of the on-board weddings? The champagne would already be open and flowing, AND your son and his girlfriend could keep the special announcement as a souvenir (maybe get the Cruise Director to congratulate them in the next day's cruise newsletter?).

Lord, I was born a ramblin man . . . <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about putting the proposal in the newsletter? Then make sure she reads it. Or, maybe a telegram, if possible.

Conquest, we will be with you

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

This isnt really a cruise thing but one year for valentines our newspaper did a "love" classifieds section where you could put an add to say a special I love you message, I put a message then made a kind of treasure hunt for it with notes directing him to different sections of the paper and finally to the add... that was about 4 yrs ago and he kept it in the safe with all our other important docs.. lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomD:

How about putting the proposal in the newsletter? Then make sure she reads it. Or, maybe a telegram, if possible.

Conquest, we will be with you

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;27;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cruise No. 8:

</applet>

I just found out today that there is another man in our group who's planning on proposing to his girlfriend on our cruise!!!! With me being the group leader I get to know the "scoop" before anyone else does. Boy is our group going to be surprised with 2 proposals!!!

I'm passing on the proposal suggestions to this other guy. If you have any more, please continue to send them!

Irish Eyes-

My own 2 cents worth would be to follow the advice of those who suggested arranging with the Cruise Director and having it be on stage. The cruise line loves this type of thing and so would all the guests and family.

But this is just from a guy who proposed to his wonderful wife at a San Diego Chargers football game just before halftime. I thought of having it posted on the scoreboard, but no one would know who it was for. So I had my family hold up a sign at the bottom of the section with my proposal. Caught Cindy totally off guard and about 15 sections of the stadium were standing and looking for who the proposal was for. We caught this all on video and for the rest of the game, everyone was coming up congratulating us.

On a cruise, this would be multipied manyfold as people would be congratulating the happy couple over and over.

Just my opinion, of course. Yours,

Brian

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

Until Carnival Pride and the Mexican Riviera!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Explorer of the Seas-September 14, 2002

Radiance of the Seas-October 8, 2003

Archived