How do you sail throught the Panama canal with only 1 week vacation?

elmtree

We want our next years cruise to be one that sails all the way through the Pannama Canal. Is that possible with only a week of vacation days..we can get off the friday before, but not the monday after..I can;t seem to find any that fits that time frame..is a week too short to sail all the way through or have I just not looked in the right place...

Most of the Princess cruises that have a full transit of the canal are 15 or 17 day repositioning cruises. The closest you might be able to manage is a 10-day partial transit. You can take a tour that takes you all the way across. Sorry if that doesn't help you.

No, I don't think you are looking in the wrong place - I've never seen a transit that is less than 10 days (and that is only the partial transit that is mentioned above). We have done the 10 day twice and were well satisfied with it. Also keep in mind that the Panama Canal cruises only operate from around October to April - you cannot do one in the summertime (for whatever reason - I'm not sure). It's a great cruise.

Like everyone said the partial transits(such as the Coral) is only 10 day and from Oct. to May. Then in May it leaves from FLL to Vancouver for a full transit and then that ship does the Alaska route. So only a 10 day partial or the 15 for the full transit.

Marilyn

Archived