Just back from the Mariner 3/5-3/12

We were on the same cruise as well. We had a great time, and really enjoyed the ship. This was the eastern itinerary, but with a itinarary change to San Juan instead of Coco Cay.

Being back to the real world really stinks! I'm still in denial. Unfortunately, my cabin steward hasn't shown up in days and my bed feels naked without the towel animals. And this having to think about what to make for dinner is really for the birds!

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm new to this board and am about to book on mariner for Sept. We plan to do 2 cruises back to back, west then East 7 days each.

Can you tell me anything about the ship,dining options, shows, stuff for kids(we have a 12 yr old) What do we have to pay for once on board etc etc .Any info would be great.

Thanks

I too just got back on the 12th. What a great time!!

Here are 300 'random' pictures from the cruise. Enjoy.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/airboss777/my_photos

As for paying once onboard, not much besides Johnny Rockets, Chops (HAVE TO TRY IT!!!), Portfino's, And Ben & Jerrys. Plus any drinks (cokes, alcoholic, etc.)

Ice Skating, rock climbing, mini golf are free. There is a decent sized arcade, games range from 0.75-2.50.

Personally, I don't know about 2 back to back cruises on the same boat. You have the same shows over. You may want to think about driving to Miani (2.5 hrs south) and hopping on the Explorer of the Seas. That way you can get a wide variety.

It is a great ship with a friendly crew.

Have a nice day.

We were also on that cruise and I will give you a couple of opinons from my view of the world.

1. Ate breakfast one am in the dining room, normally use the club then windjammer, at any rate we both had eggs benedict, the worst we have ever had any where.

2. Dining room service was ok, waiter was disinterested, asst waiter was outstanding head waiter no where to be found

3. Second show put on by the dancers and singers, really lacked some pop rather bland

4. Food was good but then again when you are preparing 10000 meals a day, dont expect top shelf

5. This was our 14th cruise, and would we cruise again with RCL absolutely, we we cruise again on the mariner you bet

Capt Johnny was great, cruise staff was fantastic we had a great vacation.

Just my view of the world

Remember, life is not a dress rehersal

We were also on this cruise - one of the best we've been on. We are already booked on the Mariner for the Western itinerary for our anniversary next year.:D The reason given for the change in itinerary was that there was a "charter" cruise at Coco Cay on the same day we were to have been there. My guess is that it was the same ship that was in port in St. Maarten the day we were there. Check Celebrity Infinity website for more info. At any rate, we took the opportunity to veg out and enjoy the low-key pace and days at sea. We too, thoroughly enjoyed Captain Johnny, as well as James Andrews, the cruise director - he was truly hilarious! Work and the real world has been a bit of a jolt this week!:eek:

Kykitty

You are correct, it was the ship that was next to us in port, they in fact chartered coca cay as well . We did the same in san juan, just remained aboard the ship. Rented a car in st maarten, and snorkled in st johns

Pete

Archived