Excursion added closer to sail date?

elliotlake12

Found an excursion i like on main NCL webpage, but when I go to MyNcl, its not showing as available.

Sail date its not until March, any chances they will add closer to date?

Would a call to the Shore Excursion dept. be able to help?

1 minute ago, elliotlake12 said:

Found an excursion i like on main NCL webpage, but when I go to MyNcl, its not showing as available.

Sail date its not until March, any chances they will add closer to date?

Would a call to the Shore Excursion dept. be able to help?

No need to call right now!  Lately, excursions tend to get loaded a bit closer to sail dates (depending on the itinerary).

100 days out from a Med cruise in October from Lisbon to Barcelona including Canary Islands and Morocco.

Many ports (12 ports in total) show no excursions at all, very limited, or only very expensive gourmet tours. The number of tours available has decreased since booking a couple of months ago. Wondering why some have disappeared and if more will be added.

5 minutes ago, Adventures ahead said:

Wondering why some have disappeared

Not really a mystery.  The ones that have disappeared have likely sold out.  We are on the Getaway in two weeks.  We booked our excursions just after final payment to be sure we could do what we wanted.  Many fellow passengers have been left without excursions to pre-book through NCL and have turned to independent excursion companies.

It depends on the cruise … e.g. if your cruise is over a year away they may not have contracts in place with providers yet or are planning to change them so the lists could be limited. Also not every excursion listed on NCL is necessarily applicable for specific itineraries due to limited port times or date of sailing. E.g. there is a whale & forest photo safari offered in Juneau during the summer but for my sailing in October it isn’t due to limited daylight hours.

if you’re within 6 months of your sail date they should mostly be listed however if they’re full subscribed they’ll disappear but may reappear if people cancel so it’s worth contacting ncl to find out whether the missing excursion is missing due to capacity then it is you can ask to be waitlisted.  

Edited by eileeshb

If you are interested in the excursion, go ahead and Google the exact name of the excursion. Chances are you will be able to find out which tour operator typically offers the excursion and you can see if you can book directly with them or through a third party excursion broker, like Viator.