Carnival Kids Club Hours Embarkation

dafizisblue

Can anyone verify if the kids club is open on Embarkation day? I called Carnival and they basically said we don't know. We will be going on the Venezia. We would like to do specialty dining the first night but don't really want to pay $10 extra to have our 2.5 year old sit with us and eat the same thing she would eat at the buffet or regular dining room.

Also, you can drop off your child at the kids club on Port days and leave the ship, correct? Again, we were looking at an excursion but it wouldn't be worth the price if we have to also pay for our 2. 5 year old who wouldn't be eating or drinking on the excursion like us.

The kids club usually has a sign up/meet and greet the counselors event on embarkation night but its after dinner.  I know we have left our son with them a couple times in port but im not sure of the times its open in port as the schedule is by ship.  Not sure which specialty dining you want to do the first night so cant comment on the menu but you can order them something off the same menu you are using.

In my experience, it depends on the length of sailing. Every 7 day cruise I have been on, the actual drop off hours didn't start until day 2 (except for Night Owls). On shorter cruises, it starts on day 1 I'm guessing because there aren't as many nights to have it. But I'm guessing this could vary by ship.

We just got back, and had a kid in Camp Ocean.

On embarkation day, it was only open for Night Owls, starting at 10pm.

On port days, the open hours were not consistent.  I guess it depended on the port hours. I know that many excursions leave before camp opens.

You can leave the kids in camp and get off the ship in port.